new semi v mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowboardinmn

Reaction score
hi finally the Minnesota weather has let me start working on my jon
today all i could do was strip and start painting my trailer. I am planning on often updating this post as i will be doing alot of work. i would love to see your feedback.

ChrisBoatMod004.jpg

ChrisBoatMod003.jpg

ChrisBoatMod002.jpg

ChrisBoatMod001.jpg

Welcome to the forum and thanks for joining. It's been a long crappy winter for sure. Boat and trailer appear to be in good shape. Looks like surface rust on the trailer? That will look brand new when you paint it up.

welcome to the forum nice project you got there it is addicting I am almost done and now I am on the hunt for another tin boat. How do you guys do it with out ending up with 20 tin boat all done up in your back yards.

thanks ill post some pictures or the trailer. I got only about half painted yestersay. Then it got dark :(

The plans are adding decking. swivel seats. some storage and more.

thanks for all the fast feedback

caddyjosh said:
welcome to the forum nice project you got there it is addicting I am almost done and now I am on the hunt for another tin boat. How do you guys do it with out ending up with 20 tin boat all done up in your back yards.
Have you seen my back yard?.....

so it was a nice day today and i got to do some work
i got one coat of paint on after a ton of sanding
tell me what you think

DSCN2138.jpg

DSCN2137.jpg

fowlmood77 said:
snowboardinmn said:

Looks like you got a little overspray on the truck lol I know its salt residue but that was what I thought at first

yea man... look at the car behind his..... theirs doesnt have that stuff on it. lol :D :lol:

so i got some more work done. I got my trailer coated with three coats now got all the bunks back on and rollers. All i have let on it is wireing.
now its time to start on the boat. Over the past few days i have been scrapeing the bottom clear of paint. I am very close to finished now. Just some polish and she will look nice.
next post will be re painting the boat. Then comes decking and wireing

Attachments

• ChrisBoatMod008 small.jpg
    ChrisBoatMod008 small.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 4,577
  • ChrisBoatMod007 small.jpg
    ChrisBoatMod007 small.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 4,523
  • ChrisBoatMod005- small.jpg
    ChrisBoatMod005- small.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 4,535
  • ChrisBoatMod006 small.jpg