Grizzly grip question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrax

Reaction score
To those who installed grizzly grip in the past, how has it held up over time? Almost for ready for that step.

Id do it again. Any of the coverings with rubber in them are gonna wear over time. You will see little tiny black specs over time. I have seen the stuff bass pro sells. Id stick with the griz...

Bugpac said:
Id do it again. Any of the coverings with rubber in them are gonna wear over time. You will see little tiny black specs over time. I have seen the stuff bass pro sells. Id stick with the griz...
Time will tell but anything wears if you walk on it. The good thing about Tuffcoat is if it does wear all you have to do is pressure wash, clean, wipe with acetone, mask off and touch up with a roller, brush or sprayer. I have never seen Grizzly Grip. Is it a harder epoxy type coating?

Well, the reason I went with Eco-Tread is because I seen the grizzly grip on the display boats at BPS in Kansas City, the stuff was peeling off something terrible! That pretty much turned me off. I ran into the bipacco company at the St. Louis boat show, talked to the owner explained what I was looking for and I bought the product and brushed it on a few weeks ago. So far no complaints, this was going to be the weekend to hit the river for the first time since but the weather has through a block on that. Tony Brady, the owner of bipacco, said they planned on making the product available in 3 gallon containers only now but call them and find out for sure.

Likely prep. I put mine on 2 yrs ago. You arent peeling it off. I dont doubt there is some other good products out there. I will use the grizzly grip again.

How is grizzly grip in the sun,is it cool to the touch or hot?and what color do you have?

I have gray. On aluminum it is hot. I dont think the color would matter at all. I think all will be hot. Ive been in a lot of aluminum boats. Any paintable type coating is hot as heck.

I'll report back as soon as I can get on the river, I'm sure it will be hot in the sun but hopefully not hot enough to burn.

Latest posts