1974 Sears 12ft unknown model

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goatbeater

Reaction score
Just bought this the other day. Not sure if I am as crafty and creative as others on the forum. However I made the first step and bought the boat. All I know about it is that it didn't have any leaks when I put it in the water.

I am building a house on a 8 acre lake and this thing will prop be docked 90% of the year. Hard to look at it now and picture what all I want to do. I am not a hard core fisherman (yet) but would like something for friends and family to troll around the lake in . I would like make it look as "cool" as possible.

Thanks for reading my post and hope I am posting this in the right place... and thank you in advance for any advice along the way

Michael Cox - Piedmont, SC

Attachments

• IMG_1633.JPG
    IMG_1633.JPG
    184.8 KB · Views: 1,550
  • IMG_1634.JPG
    IMG_1634.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 1,550
  • IMG_1635.JPG
    IMG_1635.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 1,550
  • IMG_1636.JPG
    IMG_1636.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 1,550
  • IMG_1637.JPG
    IMG_1637.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 1,550
Looking forward to see progress on your boat!... Building a house on a 8-acre lake sounds nice!.. I just have a small 50'x50' pond in my yard that I dug with my Backhoe. :)

I have a 1967 boat (ELGIN) very similar to yours that I bought 8 years ago and never used it or did anything to it... I'm planning to fix it up for a couple small lakes in our County and you can only use a trolling motor of them!

I just joined this Forum yesterday!... I have found out that there is a lot of great info & very nice members here!.. So you should find all the info that you need!

Bill

Thanks Bill . Actually it is in a neighbor hood on a 8 acre lake ... but 1.2 acres is mine :) I wish I could say I had a backhoe or how to operate one -- that is cool !!!
I hope to get started soon ..

Thanks

Mike

Greetings to both of you; this is a great forum. We are glad you are here. I think you both have it pretty good. In my yard I have more grass than I want to mow in the summer and more snow than I want to shovel in the winter. But no body of water bigger than a bird bath; and that is only if the moose don't drink it dry.
Welcome aboard!
Rick

rickybobbybend said:
Greetings to both of you; this is a great forum. We are glad you are here. I think you both have it pretty good. In my yard I have more grass than I want to mow in the summer and more snow than I want to shovel in the winter. But no body of water bigger than a bird bath; and that is only if the moose don't drink it dry.
Welcome aboard!
Rick

Thanks Rick .. This site is addicting ...

After sitting for two years, I sold this boat to a good friend two weeks ago. Just got this picture from him. Looks awesome!

Attachments

• IMG_3762.JPG
    IMG_3762.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 946

Latest posts