'87 Sea Nymph 14R Big Water

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pymybob

Reaction score
Well, I finally bit the bullet and bought this gem the other day. It's a 1987 Sea Nymph 14R Big Water. It came with a 40lb Minn Kota CR trolling motor, Sears marine battery, seats, hummingbird fishfinder (Piranha 150) for a cool grand. Boat also had nav lights and two Anchor Lift and Lock rollers with anchors. Overall, I think I got a good deal on her.

Just need a drain plug and a portable boat seat bracket and I'll be set to get her on the water.

Hoping to find some decent mods here to add a casting deck up front with storage along with a platform for a bow-mounted trolling motor as well this winter.

Here are some pics. If anyone has any experience with these boats, I'd love to hear about them!

Attachments

• 2015-04-05 14.33.59.jpg
    2015-04-05 14.33.59.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 2,020
  • 2015-04-05 14.34.16.jpg
    2015-04-05 14.34.16.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 2,020
  • 2015-04-03 18.35.31.jpg
    2015-04-03 18.35.31.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 2,020
I also have a boat like this. I was suppose to start a Bass style modification to it this winter but failed to get the garage cleaned out in time. Then a couple feet of snow didn't help either. The only thing that worries me is how high i can go with the front casting deck. I will do some testing this summer then next winter do the modifications next winter. Looking forward to any updates. :D

hey its a small world i live just south of meadville pa and fish pymotuming regularly.... that boats is quit solid and takes waves nicely if you have decent sea legs a front deck will be no probelm. i used them at a camp we go to and they have held up well not leaky at all. im not sure what kindof power you have but with the boat 450lbs of gearand peoplewe would go 10mph with my little 7.5 honda... well hope this helps and if you ever want to pm me with any fishing spots on pymo feel free to do so! :lol:

Small world indeed! Thanks for the info and when I'm in a giving mood, I'll let you know about those spots! LOL!

Latest posts