Adding a Front deck on my Tracker Topper 1542 LW

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott06z71

Reaction score
So I have had my boat for a year now. I finally started working on my front deck. I decided to leave an open space between my deck and front bench for my tackle box, trolling motor battery and maybe an ice chest just to free up some floor space in the rest of the boat. I still need to cut hatches in the deck for storage. Then I will be ready to seal the wood before putting the carpet on it. My boat is kept in a closed garage when not in use so I'm using Thompson's water sealer on the wood. For glueing the carpet down what should i use? I had a guy tell me to use Loctite spray contact glue adhesive. Can anybody tell me if they have used that for their carpet and if you recommend that or something else? My next question is about the screws used to attach wood to the boat. I'm using Deckmate Coated screws from Home Depot for wood to wood so they won't rust. I was thinking about using them also to screw the wood to the boat. Wood that cause any kind of reaction with the aluminium on the boat? I will attach pictures of what I have so far. It will probably be next week before I can work on it again.

Attachments

• deck3.jpg
    deck3.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 1,591
  • deck2.jpg
    deck2.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,591
I don't no about the Thompson water seal. I used some years ago. And I'm thinking it stayed wet for a long time. Like weeks. Not wet where you could wipe it off but waxy wet. It might stop your carpet adhesive from sticking to it.

The only thing I no for sure is don't use the exterior carpet adhesive from Lowes. That stuff was still wet a week later. And made a heck of mess when my boat got rained on while fishing the next week.

I have also used Thompson water seal on my bunks for my trailer, turned out fine for me. I have had it on there for over a year now. Its not the best stuff, but it is inexpensive and gets the job done.

Well I finally got the hatches cut out. Before doing so I took the boat for a test ride to see how it did with the extra weight. It actually made the boat ride a little better in choppy water having the extra weight up front.

Attachments

• deck_hatches.JPG
    deck_hatches.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,430

Latest posts