Alumacraft 14ft f7 floor build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bdnoble84

Reaction score
Not finding a whole lot on here regarding this boat. I'm wondering if anyone has done a build on one of these, and more importantly, how it's holding up.

I had one, not quite as clean as yours, but a nice hull.

I didn't work on it because my body started telling me I was too old, but you might look at the simple set-up I put in the model A Alumacraft. (See bottom of this post) It was easy, functional, and relatively inexpensive.

Have fun, you have a nice foundation.

I had a 1956 alumacraft FD which looked identical to ur boat. It was still rock solid when I sold it earlier this year

I have an F7, 1980 model. I have only wired it, mounted rod holders, repaired the transom, and added a foam flooring material from Academy Sports. It is the same flooring that is installed in home gyms.
I plan on putting a 3/4 plywood floor between the seats and putting the flooring on it. Eventually I would like a front deck/casting platform (same flooring material) and foot controlled trolling motor.

The deck is what I am really wanting to do but I'm worried about stability if I build it over the benches and structural support if I take the benches out and build it lower.

Latest posts