Restoring Lonestar Admiral Deluxe

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chick Ludwig

Reaction score
I recently brought home this Lonestar Admiral Deluxe to restore---well, let's just say renovate. I'll need help with nailing down the model year and help with finding some parts. I sent off for information from the state where the boat was last registered, but I'm not sure that the registration actually goes with this it's for this boat. They sent back the following: 1950 Lonestar "open", serial number 32356259 and they list the length as 14'-2".

The boat measures 14'-6''. Maximum beam is 62", deck width at transom is 47", length of front deck is 48". It has the aft seat rather than an aft deck. I have a 1956 brochure that looks like my boat, but some of the dimensions are different: deck length is 48" rather than 52". Length is 14'-6", not 14'. Beam is 62", not 60"

I'm looking for a windshield and brackets, seat back brackets, "Lonestar" logos, aft running light. These don't have to be for the Admiral, but should look right for the time period.

Pictures of my boat below. Thanks to all of you for your help!

I recently brought home this Lonestar Admiral Deluxe to restore---well, let's just say renovate. I'll need help with nailing down the model year and help with finding some parts. I sent off for information from the state where the boat was last registered, but I'm not sure that the registration actually goes with this it's for this boat. They sent back the following: 1950 Lonestar "open", serial number 32356259 and they list the length as 14'-2". Can you identify this serial number as to model and year?

The boat measures 14'-6'' over all length, maximum beam is 62", deck width at transom is 47", length of front deck is 48". It has the aft seat rather than an aft deck. I have a 1956 brochure that looks like my boat, but some of the dimensions are different: deck length is 48" rather than 52". Length is 14'-6", not 14'. Beam is 62", not 60" Note that the rear, aft seat bulkhead has been cut out.

I'm looking for a windshield and brackets, seat back brackets, "Lonestar" logos, aft running light. These don't have to be for the Admiral, but should look right for the time period.

Pictures of my boat below. Thanks to all of you for your help!
DSCN1695.JPG DSCN1696.JPG DSCN1697.JPGDSCN1698.JPG DSCN1699.JPG DSCN1700.JPGDSCN1701.JPG

over time, it will all fall into place.
the reason I asked about the lens is I checked with the USCG about the
colors because many vintage lights have the blue lens vs green.
The USCG guy said it is fine for static display, such as boat shows, etc.
but for general at night running, the lens must be a very clear and very
distinct red and green.
New lenses are also available on ebay if you think yours won't pass muster.

Really looking forward to seeing more photos as you move forward.

Thanks Jonny. For now I'm gathering information and parts. I have to finish my currant project before starting this one. I'm building a 17ft. cruising sailboat and expect to finish early spring. If you'd like to see the building thread on the sailboat, check it out at:
https://messing-about.com/forums/topic/9480-core-sound-17-mk-3-summer-breeze/page-1

I'll be using my 25 hp, 4-stroke, long shaft Tohatsu. Lot's of weight on the back. I'll have to raise the transom. Some one has welded re-inforcement plates on to the boat, so it's gonna be a pain to raise!

check this guy out: https://www.retrocrestliner.com/1956 Lone Star Admiral Deluxe, Larry Woods.htm

LOL Chick, we know this will be a long term project for you.
especially, when you have other irons in the fire that must be dealt with first.
It is not often that a Diamond in the Rough of this magnitude comes to the table.
It is just plain beautiful !! Please forgive us if we seem a little "antsy" for you
to move it to the front burner LOL.

awesome score !!

I guess it just goes against my grain to put a modern motor on it . . . feels like sand in my cheese grits.
Johnson 35.jpg
This motor always gets my vote.

I usually agree that a vintage boat outa get a vintage motor, but I already have this one. I've had a number of old "Johnrudes" in the past and loved 'em all.

I'll try to get done with my other project asap, and get to the Lonestar. Thanks for your interest and enthusiasm!

I need some help with information about decals and logos. I have someone that will make these. We've decided that my boat is a 1956 Lonestar Admiral Deluxe. Here are the questions. Is the "lonestar" logo for my year and model a vinyl decal, or is it metal or plastic? I will be replacing it with a new vinyl decal. How long is this logo? How long is the shooting star decal that goes on the bow?

Chick, have you Googled the Admiral yet ?

https://www.retrocrestliner.com/1956%20Lone%20Star%20Admiral%20Deluxe,%20Larry%20Woods.htm

For two bucks, you can download the brochure:
https://www.magazine-advertisements.com/lone-star-boats.html

https://heartland-classics.org/tag/admiral-delux/

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/lonestarboat/info

https://www.covingtronics.com/boat.7.html

a sample of what you can find on the old interweb.

Yes I have. My serial number "does not compute". The first thing I found was Larry Woods boat. It's how I decided that mine is an Admiral Deluxe. I'm convinced that it is a '56 unless another year is the same.
My serial number is 32356259. That comes from paperwork sent by the Tennessee Wildlife Resources in reply to my inquiry when I sent them the Tennessee registration number. There were other problems with what they sent me, so that's why I don't believe that the mfg. hull number is right either. There is no number on the boat itself.

ah so !!
I hope you get it figured out so you will have accurate records
and know what you do have.

When I got a 12' tin registered in FL for the first time with no HIN,
the DMV's computer automatically generated one which becomes
a matter of permanent record.
It was several numbers like yours but it had an "X" in the middle of the mix.

Do you think that your HIN may be one that was "assigned" somewhere
back up the line with other owners ??

good luck !!!!

ChickLudwig,

IF Tennessee's PWD has as many errors in their data as the TX PWD has in their records, NOT only can you trust NOTHING in their records on boats/outboards made before 1972 BUT the staff is disinterested in fixing errors when the obvious errors are pointed out to them.

I have a friend here in The Alamo City who has a GLASTRON that TPWD has listed as a 1955 model. = Glastron wasn't in business until 1956 & built their first boat for sale in mid-1957. - His nice boat is a late-1958.
(Even after several emails, the staff has still NOT fixed that glaring error. = GRRRRR.)

yours, satx

Chick Ludwig said:
Yes I have. My serial number "does not compute". The first thing I found was Larry Woods boat. It's how I decided that mine is an Admiral Deluxe. I'm convinced that it is a '56 unless another year is the same.
My serial number is 32356259. That comes from paperwork sent by the Tennessee Wildlife Resources in reply to my inquiry when I sent them the Tennessee registration number. There were other problems with what they sent me, so that's why I don't believe that the mfg. hull number is right either. There is no number on the boat itself.

Good evening! Nice find! I think I may be of help on your Lone Star.
Your SN:
32 is the model number = 14' LS Clipper
3 = March
56 - 1956
259 - boat in production number 259

We own one as well, except ours is a 16'. Our model # is 42. I have spent many, many hours in research of the old LS. In my research, I figured out some of the codes.

You said you cannot find a serial number on the boat itself? Go to the back. Look under the rail on the left side. You may have to bend down to see it. It will be stamped in the aluminum.
It should look like: 32 356 259

Hope this helps. Let me know if you find the stamp.
BTW: In my research, I have only seen one other 14' Clipper, and only 2 - 16' Clippers. You have a rare find!

A link that will help you with the history:
https://www.fiberglassics.com/library/Lone_Star
This link also has brochures, pics, and info on the '56 Clippers. However, you will not find any information on the 14'. Apparently, it was never in their brochure.

You also mentioned a windshield, seat back brackets and windshield brackets. You will not find those items. I've searched far and wide, and on ebay every day for over a year. The windshield will have to be custom made from a place on the web, at a rather pricey $400.

I have the dimensions for the seat brackets that I would be glad to share with you. They will have to be custom built from a local machine shop. I too, must have them made. :(

Please do let me know if I may be of assistance. I'll share whatever knowledge, literature & pics I have.

Respectfully,
M

Latest posts