2075 commercial grade jon boat,

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

czuniga08

Reaction score
2075 path maker , best of my research comes up to a custom manufacturing company that builds airboats out of louisiana, This thing I built like a tank, i was able to measure 3/16 if an inch construction. 20 ft long and 2 ft sponsoons. it will be used for the flats on the lower laguna madre. I was debating if i should look into carving a tunnell to be able to go shallower. or will the sponsoons do, i am planning on a Yamaha 115 ti 130 with jackplate. and some places down here can get les than a ft of water. if so what size of tunnel do you all recommend. thanks in advance

great forum

Attachments

• 00A0A_2cqEmzRgxaR_600x450.jpg
    00A0A_2cqEmzRgxaR_600x450.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 7,314
Have you put it in the water yet to see how deep it floats as is? That's a BIG boat a buddy here uses one very similar to set dock pilings in the Intercoastal. He has 150 Yamaha on his and the aft ends sits in about 8 maybe 9 inches without anything or anyone in it.

no i haven't had it int he water, I just picked it up this weekend.. have lots of plans for it, and yes may a 115, 130, of 150 Yamaha..

My answer to your question about whether to add a tunnel or not. If you realistically envision getting into a real 1 foot of water you are certainly going to need a tunnel to keep the prop and skeg attached to the motor.
Even the little 10' scooters on the Texas coast run tunnels and I am sure they draft less than 6 inches.
Being that each boat is different...you will be guessing what works for tunnel size. If it were me I would look at every successful aluminum tunnel hull in a size close to yours and try to make sense of the differences.

It is an awesome boat and will bring you many years of joy and frustration. LOL....sort of like being married.

Rob

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

wow, poormans, lemme tell you did a fantanstic job. I guess no one has decided to bring this monster back to life but I will. the boats sits exactly like those pics you posted. I am really thinking about adding a tunnel but here in Brownsville aluminum welders are hard to find,,

I will post pics to update on progress as of now im cleaning boat. Need to smooth everything where floor was removed. Need to prep floor for a coat of marine paint before installing some foam and set floor. I will probably rivet down floor for time being. I guess i have until then to decide to go for tunnel or not. I guess it depends of labor cost. Since i have most of the material that came with boat.. i will have to raise transom also if i decide to install tunnel.

hello

anyone out there with a 20 ft boat or similar with a prop tunnel that could perhaps disclose dimensions of tunnel. Have done tons a research and have not been able to find much info,, pics and sizes would ne greatly appreciated.

best regards,,

have started the clean up process, had boat flipped over amazingly only took 4 of us. Im using a Makita sander with 80 ft, sand paper.

Attachments

• 20160217_074019.jpg
    20160217_074019.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 2,487
FOUND A COUPLE OF PIN HOLES, ,WILL APPLY A TWO PART EXPOXY. SIMILAR TO PC 11. ILL SEE HOW WELL THEY HOLD UP. TOOK ABOUT 4 HRS AND AN ORBITAL SANDER,, PAINT SHOULD BE ARRIVING SOON,, FOUD GOOD DEAL WITH RUSTOLEUM AT MILLERS HARDWARE IN GEORGIA,,

RUSTOLEUM 7400 ZINC CHROMATE PRIMER
AND HIGH GLOSS WHITE 7400 DTM 450 ENAMEL,,

Attachments

• 20160222_074037.jpg
    20160222_074037.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 2,457
Paint stripper is the way to go! Id love to have a jon that size! Looking forward to see what you have in store for this one!

hello,

was trying to keep as much original paint on as possible,,i just smoothed out the parts where the paint was scaling.

primer and paint pics

Attachments

• 20160227_142659.jpg
    20160227_142659.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 2,378

Latest posts