Lowe 1236

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

12ftModder

Reaction score
Hello All, Great Site!

I just purchased a New Lowe 1236 jon and I am going to mod it. Mainly just gonna floor it, and a small front deck on bow to mount my MK Foot Control TM. gonna cover the tank seats with ply to mount my kingpin seat bases, and of course carpet it all. I will post pics when finished.

12ftModder said:
Hello All, Great Site!

I just purchased a New Lowe 1236 jon and I am going to mod it. Mainly just gonna floor it, and a small front deck on bow to mount my MK Foot Control TM. gonna cover the tank seats with ply to mount my kingpin seat bases, and of course carpet it all. I will post pics when finished.

:WELCOME:

Thanks for joining! Seems like you know exactly what you want to do. Looking forward to the pictures and future big fish pictures! :beer:

picked up my brand new magictilt trailer this evening, and got the boat sitting on it.. =D> plan on gettin started after a good nights sleep. Will have some pics to post saturday night.

got a little work done. plans changed a little so another run to lowes was needed. cut the wood for the bow and glued+screwed it together. then mounted in some aluminum flatbar for bow lip reinforcement to hold the wood down im using 1/4'' SS bolts,washers,poly nuts. using alum angle to mount 2x2 cross beams. this will give me some dry storage under the bow on top of the so called front seat. here is a few pics while i wait for it to cool down out there.

100_1363.jpg

100_1384.jpg

100_1375.jpg

100_1394.jpg

100_1397.jpg

100_1399.jpg

more to come this evening. trip to walmart needed for my template materials for the flooring.

pics of bow deck/tm mount template, and deck before final 1/8 trim. also decided to return to lowes 1 more time for a sheet of 3/4 styrofoam to put under the flooring.

100_1405.jpg

The flap on template is where I was thinking of putting a door for my small dry storage area
100_1401.jpg

this still needs a small trim after the glue has dried. the cross braces are cut and just laying on it to show where they will be under the deck for support, they will be attached to the angle that i am riveting to the sides under the tube.

got a bit more done today =D> heres some pics, hope you all enjoy. and give me some feedback of what you all think I came up with.

100_1408.jpg

a pic of the foam i am putting under the flooring
100_1414.jpg

middle floor
100_1415.jpg

front floor
100_1419.jpg

bowdecking tm mount
100_1416.jpg

rear decking still needs compartment lid cut out
100_1412.jpg

and how i am mounting the seats notice how i turn them upside down for the xtra 2'' of height
100_1420.jpg

now to get it all watersealed and carpeted and screwed down

but i think its time for a :beer:
till tomorrow, tight lines and happy moddin :mrgreen:

well i got the wood all finished, watersealed. now just waiting for it to dry. hoping the rain stays away another day or 2 :roll:
whats the best type of nav lights? company wise..

I'm kind of dodging the rain myself.....just finished tarping things-up for the night just in case. Your boat's looking great! Your trailer looks almost chrome 8) , lol. Do you just buy materials from Lowes because your boat's a Lowe :mrgreen: Look forward to seeing more pics..

ST

thanks, and i bought mats at lowes not cuz my boat is a lowe but it's a little easier to get to than home depot :lol:
and yeah the trailer looks really nice, even glows when headlights shine on the sides.
i know i cant wait till i take er out on the water. just a few more days if the weather stays cooperative.

12ftModder said:
well i got the wood all finished, watersealed. now just waiting for it to dry. hoping the rain stays away another day or 2 :roll:
whats the best type of nav lights? company wise..

Are you looking for hand held navigation light?

Or something you can mount?

Well I got a little more done. But have had some good rains that slowed progress. Got all carpet cut, and 2 of the 5 pieces covered. Also got the TM base mounted. Should have it finished and possibly float tested by sat eve. [-o<

100_1433.jpg

100_1428.jpg

100_1429.jpg

100_1430.jpg

Hope you all like it so far, I DO!!

Latest posts