Lowe 170 Freshen Up

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DacMan

Reaction score
Got a great deal on a Lowe 170 from a friend. It's a 1999 with a Johnson 50 with trim and tilt. The boat needs cleaned as well as new carpet, a deck extension/storage, bluewater LED's, new batteries, oboard charger, boat buckles, rod buckle, new graphs, and some re-wiring, as well as new trailer fenders. Attatched are some pics. I'm starting with the utility box.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 2,055
Ohh also going to flip the trolling motor to the other side.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 2,029
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 2,029
Originally the boat had three batteries I assume two for trolling motor and one for starting. I'm switching to two 29's. I'll be using th marine battery trays, the old ones were riveted in the new will be held in with stainless screws.

Got the deck cleared off swept and steam vac'd. Good for now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 1,925
Thanks!
Got the rod buckle installed this morning

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 1,832
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 1,832
Thanks!

Got a little more done, replaced the "rod locker" latch with a simple perko plastic pull, also went through the floor and found any loose rivetts and knocked them out replacing them with new ones. It made a huge difference to the feel of the floor.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 1,789
Nice boat. I have the same one. I built a deck extension on mine. Deck come flush to front of console. I built an aluminum tray the size of the pocket. I carpeted it then bolted it in to rod locker,side console and the storage box on original deck. I left it open underneath so I can store a cooler or tackle bags.

Xhogger said:
Nice boat. I have the same one. I built a deck extension on mine. Deck come flush to front of console. I built an aluminum tray the size of the pocket. I carpeted it then bolted it in to rod locker,side console and the storage box on original deck. I left it open underneath so I can store a cooler or tackle bags.

Thanks, would enjoy seeing pictures of that if you ever have time. I have thought a lot about what to do with it lately and am thinking of making a cooler out of the area and mayber plano storage. Not sure if I can fit it all. What motor do you have on yours and what speed do you see?

I have a 2009 25 hp yamaha 2 stroke on it. With me with all my gear I get 24.7 mph. With tournament load and my partner I get 22 mph (both gps speeds) I want to get a 90 hp to run on unrestricted lakes. I'm still trying to figure out how to post pictures on here. I got a couple on my phone. Nothing showing close up of mod but it will give you an idea. I also cut out a hole under passenger seat and put in a small igloo cooler. Then seat flips back down and you don't see it. I made shallow water anchors for front and back so I can push a fiberglass pole thru and anchor.

As far as posting pictures, the easiest way I've found to do it is to go to the block directly below your "reply".

It says "If you wish to attach one or more files etc etc "

Click on the ....Grey ....Choose File..

Then, find the picture file on your phone/computer/pad and select it. Hit OPEN in the bottom corner box.

You will come back to the "if you wish to attach" section. Choose LOAD FILE

That is it. Do a preview of your message and your file should show up just fine.

regards, richg99

Here's the only picture I have showing extension of deck. Sorry for my wife "fishing " in the background. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 1,683
Thanks for the pics. Got some boring stuff done, new ignition, replaced broked perko gas cap fill, got batteries installed and pnboard charger, and started playing with this honeycomb rubber mat from Stewart Products

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 393
Really wanting to install a troll well recessed tray but it's gonna take some serious work because of the front hatch. Stay tuned

Latest posts