What can i do with my boat?

*****This section is for Full Boat Projects Only*****
Post Reply
powerstroke01
Posts: 5
Joined: 14 Oct 2015, 22:36

What can i do with my boat?

Post by powerstroke01 » 19 Jul 2016, 14:31

Besides the obvious like fish off of it. haha

Looking for opinions like what kinda deck i can do. What kinda supports and what material to use....
Its a great boat how it is but id like to rip the benches out and do a deck. Also like to do a front mounted trolling motor. It just does not work well for me in the rear.

Its a Lund 12' by 48"wide...

Any ideas?
Attachments
0719161116e-1024x576.jpg
0719161116d-1024x576.jpg
0719161116c-1024x576.jpg
0719161116b-1024x576.jpg
0719161116a-1024x576.jpg
0719161116-1024x576.jpg

Xtremeboats
User avatar
perchjerker
Posts: 593
Joined: 16 Feb 2016, 13:20
Location: Dearborn, Manton Michigan

What can i do with my boat?

Post by perchjerker » 19 Jul 2016, 16:05

no offense, but start by cleaning it out and taking some better pics of it

Kinda hard to see what you have with those pics and all that stuff in it

derekdiruz
Posts: 272
Joined: 06 Jan 2015, 18:39

Re: What can i do with my boat?

Post by derekdiruz » 19 Jul 2016, 16:29

I vote deck across the back bench to the transom, at bench height. Then cut middle bench and do a walk through bench with a flat floor, then lastly do a trolling motor mount on the top.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

User avatar
richg99
Posts: 4951
Joined: 27 Nov 2010, 09:36
Location: Houston, TX & Crossville, TN

What can i do with my boat?

Post by richg99 » 19 Jul 2016, 20:50

With a 5 hp. motor, you'd best first check to see what adding the extra weight will do. You don't want to go the the time and expense of adding a bunch of "stuff" and find out it will not plane.

(Please, don't ask me know I know this)

Put some water in five gallon buckets until the weight (42 lbs per bucket) reaches what you estimate the add-ons will weigh. Tie the buckets down well, and cap them. Put them where the add-ons are expected to go.

The take her out and try to plane, and see what happens.

richg99

User avatar
bcbouy
Posts: 1369
Joined: 03 Jan 2011, 12:29
Location: british columbia canada

What can i do with my boat?

Post by bcbouy » 19 Jul 2016, 20:51

2013-06-05_15-41-26_115_Pitt Meadows.jpg
2013-06-05_15-44-38_798_Pitt Meadows.jpg
Attachments
2013-06-05_15-45-24_449_Pitt Meadows.jpg
2013-06-05_15-42-15_31_Pitt Meadows.jpg
2013-06-05_15-44-38_798_Pitt Meadows.jpg
if all else fails....stop using all else

powerstroke01
Posts: 5
Joined: 14 Oct 2015, 22:36

What can i do with my boat?

Post by powerstroke01 » 19 Jul 2016, 23:28

perchjerker wrote:no offense, but start by cleaning it out and taking some better pics of it

Kinda hard to see what you have with those pics and all that stuff in it
Psh ain't nobody got time to clean the boat out. Hahahha I think I was half asleep when I took the pics.

powerstroke01
Posts: 5
Joined: 14 Oct 2015, 22:36

What can i do with my boat?

Post by powerstroke01 » 19 Jul 2016, 23:30

richg99 wrote:With a 5 hp. motor, you'd best first check to see what adding the extra weight will do. You don't want to go the the time and expense of adding a bunch of "stuff" and find out it will not plane.

(Please, don't ask me know I know this)

Put some water in five gallon buckets until the weight (42 lbs per bucket) reaches what you estimate the add-ons will weigh. Tie the buckets down well, and cap them. Put them where the add-ons are expected to go.

The take her out and try to plane, and see what happens.

richg99
it won't plane with the 5hp how it sits. Don't know why but its not making full rpms either. Topping out at about 4200rpm. But thats another story. And i dont need to go fast anyways.

powerstroke01
Posts: 5
Joined: 14 Oct 2015, 22:36

What can i do with my boat?

Post by powerstroke01 » 19 Jul 2016, 23:31

bcbouy wrote:
2013-06-05_15-41-26_115_Pitt Meadows.jpg
2013-06-05_15-44-38_798_Pitt Meadows.jpg
Thanks. What size boat is that?

User avatar
bcbouy
Posts: 1369
Joined: 03 Jan 2011, 12:29
Location: british columbia canada

What can i do with my boat?

Post by bcbouy » 20 Jul 2016, 17:14

14.5 ft. g3
if all else fails....stop using all else

User avatar
rickybobbybend
Posts: 427
Joined: 03 Jun 2011, 00:01
Location: Anchorage, Alaska

What can i do with my boat?

Post by rickybobbybend » 23 Jul 2016, 16:39

Lots of options for you on these pages; do a search and be prepared to make decisions and have some fun. But I want to echo the importance of minimizing added weight and maintaining good weight distribution.
Rick
RickyBobbyBend
Gregor 1244 Welded V, Evinrude 9.9
Modest Mods on Gregor 1244 V: http://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic ... 21&t=24612

Post Reply