Boat project Intoxication Modification

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chembree

Reaction score
I have a 2005 Sylvan 16ft flat bottom with a 15hp 4 stroke Johnson. After using the boat for about a year I thought it would be nice to do some modifications to make it easier to fish, and set drop lines out of. So after coming up with a plan and much research on others modifications, I started the project with a buddy. We used 1x3 white pine for the frame and used joist hangers to attach them on the existing seat up front IMG_4152.jpg IMG_4153.jpgWe decided to make a 4ft deck up front with a door opening to utilize the space under the deck for storage. IMG_4214.jpgIMG_4213.jpgFor the back we built a small frame with decking so that its easily removable to access drain plug and battery. IMG_423535.jpg This weekend we plan on putting a sealant on the wood, and carpet it. I will post more pictures as we have it completed. We still have other modifications to make, but we are waiting for our fishing trip next week to Tennessee to finish them. I will put together a supplies and cost list soon.

Looking good! Interested to see how it turns out. What lake do you fish in Tennessee? I hear that people are starting to pull out some nice bass at Dale Hollow.

Love the deck in the bow. Nice big door to access your storage space.

Got carpet installed and handle for storage door, also got 2 new pedestals for the seats.

Attachments

• Image-3.jpg
    Image-3.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 1,221
  • Image-2.jpg
    Image-2.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 1,221
  • Image-1.jpg
    Image-1.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 1,221
Skunked again said:
Looking good! How did that 15hp do before the mods?
Motor was more than enough before the mods, ran a top speed of 21 mph, seems after mods and all of our gear it has reduced it drastically, believe I only hit 15 mph fully loaded this weekend.

Jim said:
ouch! Thats a big hit. Did it plane?

It would only plane if my buddy would sit in a certain spot. Guess next upgrade I need to consider is a bigger motor lol

Latest posts