Sylvan offshore project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my demeyes

Reaction score
I brought home a free boat today, we'll there is really nothing "free" about any boat. It's a 1983 sylvan offshore 22. I got it from my local boat dealership. I was thinking outboard bracket, and make it a plane Jane pure fishing boat. Probably remove the top part and make open bow too.
32c859c77e3e141e3f0b485b34883f4d.jpg
ea48a54f1f378084a440b2429374f898.jpg
abdc08d74955f1964f9c2a37c981da19.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Oh man you suck! Next thing you’ll tell us is that your wife will actually make you a sandwich! Lol. Great find, congrats. Look forward to seeing what becomes of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weldorthemagnificent said:
Oh man you suck! Next thing you’ll tell us is that your wife will actually make you a sandwich! Lol. Great find, congrats. Look forward to seeing what becomes of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol, she does on occasion make a sandwich for me. She wanted to know why there was another boat in the driveway. I just couldn't resist.

water bouy said:
Lotta boat there. It should clean up nicely. I saw a Lund almost that long on craigslist with tiller steering.
Gonna be even more boat, after I remove the cabin, move the helm forward, and maybe add a hardtop.

Maybe yoiu could just take the upper windshield off, move the helm to the lower w/s, then you would have the hardtop & a big casting deck in back.

Maybe you could just take the upper windshield off, move the helm to the lower w/s, then you would have the hardtop & a big casting deck in back.

CedarRiverScooter said:
Maybe you could just take the upper windshield off, move the helm to the lower w/s, then you would have the hardtop & a big casting deck in back.
Not exactly sure what I'll make it into yet. I fish lake erie mainly. Once I get it gutted, we'll see where the creative juices take me, lol. I won't do anything with it until I find an outboard for it. So, it will likely sit for awhile. I already have 2 boats, a 24' glass walk around, and a 18' starcraft supersport, so this will be a winter project.

CedarRiverScooter said:
I'm thinking something like this
d724984ece6e48f0351d5be6fb263c7d.jpg

Oh man, that would be one heck of an open fishing boat. What size outboard are you thinking? Whatever you decide, I look forward to following the transformation.

Edit: grammar (oops).

LDUBS said:
Oh man, that would be one heck of a open fishing boat. What size outboard are you thinking? Whatever you decide, I look forward to following the transformation.
Looking for a 150-200 25" shaft

my demeyes said:
CedarRiverScooter said:
I'm thinking something like this
d724984ece6e48f0351d5be6fb263c7d.jpg

Started the demo, ugh
4232f380f079aab61ee2ea10c55a8574.jpg
ea74e8fd1c9d0a1a9690a4bb51bfc56e.jpg
7a26f73bd367dc71b53133eb6244c1c3.jpg

Hanr3 said:
Following.
This boat has soooo much potential!
That's exactly why I brought it home. It's gonna get a new life soon.

my demeyes said:
Hanr3 said:
Following.
This boat has soooo much potential!
That's exactly why I brought it home. It's gonna get a new life soon.

Well your on to something cool. I’ll be watching this build.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts