14 foot Polar Kraft custom bass boat Max HP Recommendation?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mnjonnie

Reaction score
Hello all, I have this jon boat I acquired from my grandfather that has his 10 horse honda on the back. I installed a custom bass boat deck, trolling motor, and batteries but I took a huge hit on my speed. I am interested in doubling the horsepower on the back to gain speed but my boat doesn't have a coast guard tag. The model number of the Polar Kraft is 19761 but I called PK to learn they don't have any records that go back that far. The transom spans a little more than 5 feet of width but I don't know if the boat can handle anything like 20+ horsepower with all the weight. If you know the max hp rating or have any advice/suggestions that would be appreciated if you think the boat can handle it. It is a flat bottom jon with a squarish front and a short shaft motor.

Thanks,

Attachments

• IMG-2010.JPG
    IMG-2010.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 1,179
  • IMG-2011.JPG
    IMG-2011.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 1,179
  • IMG-0074.JPG
    IMG-0074.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 1,179
is it possible you are trimmed improperly now that you have added weight up front and not hitting plane? it looked like you were second pin from the transom when i zoomed in on the pic but i couldnt tell?

.356luger said:
is it possible you are trimmed improperly now that you have added weight up front and not hitting plane? it looked like you were second pin from the transom when i zoomed in on the pic but i couldnt tell?

That might be the case. What pin would you recommend for this setup?
Thanks for the reply.

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-2002-title33-vol2/pdf/CFR-2002-title33-vol2-sec183-43.pdf

For kicks I googled 1442 Jon boat specs and came up with this.
https://www.alumacraft.com/212/1/2016-Alumacraft-1442-NCS-20/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts