My completed Duck/Fishing boat project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fletch22

Reaction score
Thanks to some helpful tips from the forums here, I finally was able to complete my boat.

Started as a bare 1648 Tracker Grizzly bought used.

Added:

-lightbar and fog lights for morning marsh hunts (installed using track system to avoid drilling holes)
-red interior waterproof LED strips
-bilge pump
-fish finder/transducer
-switch panel with built in circuit breakers
-battery mount and wiring panel/disconnect switch in-line fuses in front compartment
-rubber mats for main flooring which are just loosely laid in there to fit, front deck mats are stuck down with marine silicone.
-seats; all with 3/4" pin and flush mounts, able to be removed easily depending on how many are aboard.
-northern flight blind
-homemade pvc rod holders
-storage net

Used double sided foam tape for the LED strips which worked amazing. The same stuff wouldn't work for the plastic wiring conduit, so unfortunately I had to gorilla tape that conduit into place which made for a less clean look. Until I can find another way...

Transducer wire and bilge tubing are tied into place using vinyl-coated pipe strapping and a little silicone, using existing holes that the previous owner had drilled for a kicker motor mount.
Used all stainless hardware for the project, got most of my parts from ebay and home depot.

Attachments

• image1 (4).JPG
    image1 (4).JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 936
  • boatpic6.jpeg
    boatpic6.jpeg
    35.4 KB · Views: 936
  • boatpic7.jpeg
    boatpic7.jpeg
    21 KB · Views: 936
  • boatpic2.jpeg
    boatpic2.jpeg
    27.5 KB · Views: 936
  • Boat pic1.jpeg
    Boat pic1.jpeg
    48.9 KB · Views: 936
  • boatpic5.jpeg
    boatpic5.jpeg
    23.1 KB · Views: 936
  • boatpic3.jpeg
    boatpic3.jpeg
    27.6 KB · Views: 936
  • boatpic4.jpeg
    boatpic4.jpeg
    26.5 KB · Views: 936
Don't have any good pictures of the blind set up, but it is a scissor blind with 3 flip roof hatches that are attached with door hinges and big cotter pins.
Here is my main man with a few birds before the headlights were installed.

Attachments

• boatpic8.jpg
    boatpic8.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 933
Bateman said:
Nice work. What interior lights did you use?

ip68 strip, red only and five meters long with 3m tape backing, cut in half. I think it was the 3528 version, which is plenty bright. Soldered them and filled end caps with rtv silicone to maintain waterproofing and stuck them on with double sided extra strength foam tape, the 3m that comes on the back isn’t very strong.

Latest posts