Am I going to sink this thing?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fcgomes

Reaction score
OK, my boat is just about finished and I plan on taking it out this weekend. I'm posting pictures of the before and after and my main question is. Do y'all see any issues with the boat as configured? It's a 14' with a 15hp Suzuki motor and a 60lb thrust trolling motor. Let me know what you think. Thanks!!
87942b8beb7d639723312b302bc07a42.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Weldorthemagnificent said:
Don’t forget to put the plug in when you launch and you’ll be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL! Yeah I have already made that mistake! I am the consummate newbie

If the motor is new to you, you might want to run it with boat still on trailer for 5-10 minutes, in gear, with light throttle (until it warms up good).

That way you reduce the chances of getting stuck out in the middle of your water, trying to make headway into the wind with a trolling motor (been there).

Also pay attention to how it trims out right away, you need some bow rise but not to the point of porpoising.

Stay close to your trailer this time out.

Have fun!

CedarRiverScooter said:
If the motor is new to you, you might want to run it with boat still on trailer for 5-10 minutes, in gear, with light throttle (until it warms up good).

That way you reduce the chances of getting stuck out in the middle of your water, trying to make headway into the wind with a trolling motor (been there).

Also pay attention to how it trims out right away, you need some bow rise but not to the point of porpoising.

Stay close to your trailer this time out.

Have fun!
Thanks CedarRiverScooter! Points all well taken!

Latest posts