New Project 14' jonboat- images fixed

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

engineman

Reaction score
New member here. I've had an old 14' jon boat for several years. I think its a mid '70s Polarcraft We've fished with it several times and have taken it north to Minnesota once. It's nice fishing from a boat but it just wasn't very convenient or usable as was. It's been sitting for a few years so I decided to recondition it some.

Starting point
2ECSnP2.jpg

Removed original benches
X3kS5Q9.jpg

Removed carpet and original foam. Was tempted to leave in and build up from there but I'm glad i didn't original foam was in pretty bad shape
Fq35GaT.jpg

2GSc3oC.jpg

Ran wiring for Trolling motor and lights etc. Batteries will be mounted in the center of the boat
pNxl5wk.jpg

Cut new foam. Used 1.5" foam board
cxGiULH.jpg

New floor. 1/2" marine plywood with 3 coats of spar varnish both sides
JeV2I8V.jpg

I don't know if it is just my internet this morning, but the image links seem broken and I can't see any of the photos. Interested in the build though!

Started aluminum framing. Cross members riveted to gunwale with aluminum solid rivets. I'm not the best welder in the world but have a spoolgun that can do decent aluminum welds
e9SrrNU.jpg

b2zK3Lx.jpg

qNVFSSG.jpg

PjAG11R.jpg

Looks well thought out. Good idea on weight distribution. Any rod storage?

I envy your shop supplies. I see your big Miller, maybe a plasma cutter, and those pipe dies and bender back there. I have to be at work to acces that stuff, I am a handrail builder. Your build looks great I sure hope to do something similar with my 17 ft jon

Making some progress

Roughing in the electrical
ITZ0KpC.jpg

ADy6eqZ.jpg

Rod storage
otoAFWI.jpg

Sticking extra foam wherever I can. This is the support for the drivers seat
zphRZbs.jpg

Filling nooks and crannies with scraps of foam board and foam in a can
EnnXtvC.jpg

Latest posts