1998 Tracker Transformation/ Remodel

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bearclaw

Reaction score
IMG_2030.JPGGuys I've been messing with this boat on and off for a long time. Many members on here have answered a lot of questions and been very helpful. I don't have a lot of step by step photos as some do. This boat had sat outside its entire life and was pretty rough. Here goes trying to post some pictures. The first picture isn't clear but gives you an idea of the interior.
IMG_1357.JPG
I removed everything from the inside, a big storage compartment that was in front of the console that was about 30" of the front deck. I like to fish in the boat not on the boat, and the livewell was removed. I welded 3/4" tubing lengthwise of the boat for more structural support for the new 1/8" aluminum floor.
[ATTACH type="full" alt="IMG_1367.JPG[/attachment
[attachment=8]IMG_1485.JPG"]0[/ATTACH]
Added some sliding doors and a built in tackle box at the back. Also added a built in tackle box in the console. I had to make it because the console was too small for the prefabbed ones. I have one in my big boat and love it, I have all my crappie jigs in it.
IMG_1321.JPG
IMG_1428.JPG
I put that foam workout mat stuff in the floor,looks good but I'm sure it won't last very long..the driver side seat is on a storage box,it's flipped up in this pic. Added a cutting board at the back as well
IMG_2025.JPG
Painted the diamond plate front deck and added a little storage under the bow. I left the door unpainted
The exterior was faded bad and the graphics were cracked all up. I decided to paint it and boy was that a job,it was the toughest part of this thing so far. I really struggled getting the graphics off,used eraser wheels,heat gun and scrapers a couple different kind of removers,goof off and such. Xylene worked on the sticky residue the other methods left.
IMG_1549.JPG
The exterior has a bit more shine to it now
IMG_2027.JPG.
Rod holders will be the next addition.
IMG_2028.JPG
I hope you guys n gals enjoy the pictures. I think I've got one outta place

Attachments

• IMG_1367.JPG
    IMG_1367.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 1,356
  • IMG_1485.JPG
    IMG_1485.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 1,356
  • IMG_2025.JPG
    IMG_2025.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 1,356
  • IMG_2024.JPG
    IMG_2024.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 1,356
Every hinge was pop riveted on from the factory and every single one was broken off of the door/ hatch it was supposedly fastened too. Now each and every hinge has Stainless steel screw with lock nuts holding them in place, either 8-32 or 10-24 I can't remember. The shouldn't break
IMG_1392.JPG
And here's one with me working on the console tackle box
IMG_1435.JPG
And a picture of a limit of SC crappie for good measure
IMG_1988.JPG

Latest posts