1986 Mirrocraft Deep Fisherman 2

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dudecw

Reaction score
Just picked up this little sucker with a 25hp Mercury. I’m not sure what the history is. The guy I bought it from was telling me the side console is a factory unit but at least some of it is clearly home made. I plan on keeping the side console and just cleaning it up a little. For now I just want to get it running and do some fishing. This winter I will tear it completely down and build out front and aft casting decks. I do a lot of fly fishing so will need rod storage long enough for those 9’ sticks.

Lots of inspiration on this site.

Attachments

• 70C21647-3C7A-4926-A2D4-4CF255E23346.jpeg
    70C21647-3C7A-4926-A2D4-4CF255E23346.jpeg
    66.7 KB · Views: 3,296
  • 553C7C4D-D4C5-430E-B6C3-E6E8209F063E.jpeg
    553C7C4D-D4C5-430E-B6C3-E6E8209F063E.jpeg
    39.2 KB · Views: 3,296
Got the motor up and running. New impeller, rebuilt carb, new spark plugs, and new ignition switch. Took the family out for the first test run... we made it back to the dock but just barely. This little motor doesn’t like to idle. It’s just fine once I get it going and cruising around. Pulling off the trailer and idleing around the dock though it just doesn’t like it. It acts like it’s never warmed up.

Anyway, I just picked up a Suzuki dt60 of the early 80’s variety. Looks like a really low hour unit and may be the solution for me. Anyone have any experience with these motors?

Also, why are my pictures always sideways? I’m really not as dumb as I look I swear. :|

Attachments

• 67E35514-B8AB-4524-87A4-6287DF385FB0.jpeg
    67E35514-B8AB-4524-87A4-6287DF385FB0.jpeg
    61 KB · Views: 3,049
dudecw said:
Got the motor up and running. New impeller, rebuilt carb, new spark plugs, and new ignition switch. Took the family out for the first test run... we made it back to the dock but just barely. This little motor doesn’t like to idle. It’s just fine once I get it going and cruising around. Pulling off the trailer and idleing around the dock though it just doesn’t like it. It acts like it’s never warmed up.

Anyway, I just picked up a Suzuki dt60 of the early 80’s variety. Looks like a really low hour unit and may be the solution for me. Anyone have any experience with these motors?

Also, why are my pictures always sideways? I’m really not as dumb as I look I swear. :|

Change the size of the pic to no more than 640x480 pixels. I usually go down to 320x240. For some reason this seems to keep them straight. I have no idea why and even if someone explained I doubt I would understand. Haha.

Nice boat. Look forward to the upfit. There's a program called Auto-rotate you can download that will straightens those pics.

Your 25 probably needs a new thermostat.. putting a 60 on a boat that small would be insane

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

GYPSY400 said:
Your 25 probably needs a new thermostat.. putting a 60 on a boat that small would be insane

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Bad thermostat was my first thought too. Come to find out there is no thermostat at on on this motor. I guess they didn’t put thermostats in until the later years. Maybe I can retro fit one in.

Yes a 60 on this boat is a bit much... so I’m thinking it’s just right.

The 60 is on! I just need to round up a throttle linkage connection and a fuel line connector and I’m ready to hit the water. There is absolutely no dealer support for Suzuki around here but I found what I needed online. Just have to wait for them to ship.

Next will be some clean up and then for and aft decks. And a nice big rod locker. I saw a guy on YouTube put his rod locker in the floor. Not sure I have enough room for that but it would be sweet. Anyone here done one that way?

Attachments

• DF05344B-4675-4045-87E8-FFAB81D42ADA.jpeg
    DF05344B-4675-4045-87E8-FFAB81D42ADA.jpeg
    28.5 KB · Views: 2,913
Wow....you weren't joking! I wanna see video. Leave the family on the dock for the maiden voyage. Did you get a deal on the Suzuki?

Also I wouldn't build storage for fly rods. Why risk breaking them with a door slamming on them. Aren't most all those collapsible rods anyway?

From one dude to another dude!

thedude said:
Wow....you weren't joking! I wanna see video. Leave the family on the dock for the maiden voyage. Did you get a deal on the Suzuki?

I feel like I got a good deal on the Suzuki. $600 for a non runner. Got it back to my garage to see what it needed and realized it had a kill switch hooked up and no tether atatched. Unhooked the wires and it fired right up. I figured it would be something simple as it looked like a real low hour motor and had great compression.

thedude said:
Also I wouldn't build storage for fly rods. Why risk breaking them with a door slamming on them. Aren't most all those collapsible rods anyway?

From one dude to another dude!

My rods are 4 piece but I usually rig up one floating line and another rod with a sink line for easy switching. I would rather tuck them into a locker than leave them out on the deck to get stepped on.

I should have it out on the lake sometime this week. I’ll let you guys know how the 60 runs.

Latest posts