1989 Grumman, Need Storage Ideas

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Busbey

Reaction score
New to me, loving it so far but need to work out some more storage. The side compartments open and are pretty decent for tossing things in for the day but i have them stuffed with plastic flip boxes for tackle, spools of line, loose stuff i randomly through in there, etc. Just a **** mess! The side tray' covered in green outdoor carpet does a good job holding hooks and jigs throughout the day but should be used for something else..?? Rod holders on the other side are ok but are not easily accessible and dont fit my rods too well. I find myself storing them when i pack up for the day.

What i would like is the rear, above the two batteries, there is a casting desk, kinda. works fine but could use some padding. i think i wouldnt mind turning the batteries long way and pushing them closer together, which would allow storage boxes to go on either side.. This would free up the main issue of having one of the 3 side compartments being used as this.

Also need to put some speakers somewhere for the tubing days with the kids. Maybe under trolling motor and build a box that slides up in there? bluetooth is fine, just need the speakers but i am not sure how i would connect my phone to them.. ??

most of all, i need to find the ladder you see in the picture. it has since broke off and that was the perfect size.. cant seem to find it anywhere!

Front casting deck, under pedistal base is the 15gal gas tank, next to that is the livewell. In front of gas tank is an anchor box. Could possibly be used for some storage but then i have no place for ropes and anchors. So pretty much that area is taken up.

Guys, any suggestions welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_0641.jpg
    IMG_0641.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 1,167
  • IMG_0576.jpg
    IMG_0576.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 1,167
  • IMG_0577.jpg
    IMG_0577.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 1,167
  • IMG_0604.jpg
    IMG_0604.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,167
That is a great looking boat. Looks like a "roomy" boat from the pic's.

The only suggestion I would have is use something to cover what I think you are calling the side tray so you can leave stuff in there while trailering the boat. Maybe even a canvass cover would do the job. For me, I don't like loading and unloading the boat. The more I can leave in the boat the better. Right now about the only thing I load/unload is the ice chest and the fishfinder.

You mentioned the rod holders on the other side are inconvenient. They seem to be too close together to me but maybe that is just the photo. If you can add some storage bins by the batteries, I would say go for it. Seems you already have pretty decent storage. Problem is we always want more. Haha

I hope you find a replacement for the ladder. This is a very nice feature.

Funny you should suggest putting something over the side tray. I have left so many things in there, not a bag of worms, but sunglasses, rigged worms with hook and anything around that weight.. All stays fine. I move the bags of worms out of course, but always trust everything to stay in there. Probably shouldnt but i do lol.

And yes, only a cooler and fishfinder goes in the boat and is removed.. point is to keep everything in there.

the batteries and trays idea is all i got but maybe once im in there i can think of something else.

guys, im really getting sick of this side storage idea. wanting other options. possibly may be getting a 50hp with a side consule pretty soon and thinking of taking the side storage out and putting something in the back but i have no idea what.

Latest posts