14ft Trailorboat Klamath rebuild

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The John

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I am in the process of rebuilding my unknown year 14ft Trailorboat Klamath. The year is unknown as the HIN number is not present on the boat so I had to add a new one (after receiving the new HIN from the state). This boat sits on a tilt deck trailer, which will come in handy on some of the unimproved areas that i use to launch my boats. This boat will primarily be a hunting/salmon fishing/crabbing bay boat. The boat has not been in the water for over 20 years, however I know that it holds water as it was filled with water when I first came to look at it.

Here are my current major plans for this boat:
-1. New wood seats
-2. New decking (wood or rubber, still trying to figure it out which way to go).
-3. Permanently mounting Nav lights under the front gunnel.
-4. Adding panel for light bar, bilge, nav lights and gps/sonar.
-5. adding 6in to the front bench width to store my gas tank in it, moving foam from this seat to the rear bench.
-6. Adding a new coat of paint to the inside and new camo paint scheme on the outside.

Last night I removed the wood decking (footing I also believe its referred to) and set them aside to use as templates (see the attached pics). The very old taillights were non functional and I added new taillights and wiring to make the boat legal. This weekend I am planning on removing and replacing some of the interior rivets that don't look to be in a great condition and starting to add structure for the wider seat in the front.

what does everyone think? I am very open to new different ideas and such and will try to keep this updated as I move along.

Attachments

• IMG_0954[1].JPG
    IMG_0954[1].JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 1,102
  • IMG_0952[1].JPG
    IMG_0952[1].JPG
    101 KB · Views: 1,102
  • IMG_0957[1].JPG
    IMG_0957[1].JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 1,102
Some time has gone by and I thought I would update this thread.

I have cut new bench seat tops for the boat and painted them.

I had a welder weld some cracked ribs on the boat and add some angle aluminum to strengthen the cracked ribs.

I painted the boat inside and out, the green exterior will become camouflage once fall gets closer.

Next step is reinforcing the transom, new trailer tires, new seats (on order), and adding 12v power (for nav lights, GPS/Fishfinder, etc).

Attachments

• boat inside.JPG
    boat inside.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 574
  • boat side.JPG
    boat side.JPG
    162.3 KB · Views: 574

Latest posts