Alumacraft MV1648 NCS

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeStaten

Reaction score
Hi all,

New member here. First off, this is a great site with lots of good ideas on customizing boats so thanks.

Anyway, just bought this boat and was hoping to get some ideas on how others dealt with the lack of storage on the boat, like where they mounted batteries etc..

The boat will be used primarily for fishing with my kids but also some duck hunting.

Thanks,
Mike

Also, was hoping to put a hatch on the front casting deck to access what I presume is open space underneath. Has anyone done that? If so, does it require that you add additional structural support to the deck?

Thanks again,
Mike

I bet that space is filled with foam. Not having the center seat as a place to hold foam means the rest of the voids are probably pretty well filled. Does yours have the floor over the ribs?

Post some pics if you get the chance.

Mine has the factory aluminum floor with foam under it.

Attachments

• 1648.jpg
    1648.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 1,077
In my NCS, the battery is currently unsecured towards the bow. I have a battery box in the rear but have yet to wire it to back there. I think you may want to see how the boat performs with it in both locations with a typical load as it can make a big difference especially depending on the wight of the outboard.

MikeStaten said:

Nice! Mine has foam under most all of the front deck and in the rear bench and side pods. Mine didn't come with a floor though so I may have more foam in those areas than yours. You can always add a hatch and remove foam but your capacity rating will be reduced. Most on here don't really seem to care although it's not something I would do.

I bought a cheap borescope type camera off of amazon and it has been really helpful for identifying what its like under my decks. Pretty handy around the house in general.

wmk0002 said:
MikeStaten said:

Nice! Mine has foam under most all of the front deck and in the rear bench and side pods. Mine didn't come with a floor though so I may have more foam in those areas than yours. You can always add a hatch and remove foam but your capacity rating will be reduced. Most on here don't really seem to care although it's not something I would do.

I bought a cheap borescope type camera off of amazon and it has been really helpful for identifying what its like under my decks. Pretty handy around the house in general.

That borescope is a great idea. Thanks!

In your signature it says you use a 9.9 on your 1648. Will that get you on plane in an empty boat? Top speed?

MikeStaten said:
wmk0002 said:
MikeStaten said:

That borescope is a great idea. Thanks!

In your signature it says you use a 9.9 on your 1648. Will that get you on plane in an empty boat? Top speed?

Yes, the 9.9 will get me on plane and run about 16-17 mph with just me and about 14-15 with another person. My 15hp runs it at around 21 mph with just me and 18-19 with another person. For the 15hp, it has enough additional power I can use two different props, so I run a 10 pitch with just me and a 8 pitch with 2 or more people. I plan to get a 25hp soon though...Two local lakes recently has HP restrictions raised from 10hp to 25hp. Based on everything I have read, I'd expect 30 mph out of a 25hp on our hulls when running solo. Plenty fast for me and would likely allow you to run a modern 4 stroke in the low 20's and really sip on the fuel even more.

Latest posts