15 or 16 ft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chetc

Reaction score
i currently have a 14ft smokercraft big fisherman, i find it hard to fish out of the front bench seat, i put a swivel seat in it but when i have to turn around getting my legs over the bench is rather uncomfortable, so i am thinking of selling it, i want to get something with a good size casting deck, i was thinking of a 1548 semi vee type jon boat, or even a 1648 model questions i have are i tow with a subaru outback so i don't want to to over load it, it tows my current boat with no issues at all. looking for suggestions on a good model 1548 or 1648 that i can fish more comfortable out of that are not too heavy, there are alot of used 16ft bass trackers around but i think it may be on the heavy side for my outback,

thanks chet

Not sure what your vehicle is rated to tow but an all aluminum boat like a tracker grizzly 1648 wouldn't weigh more than 1500 boat, motor and trailer I wouldn't imagine.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

In my opinion the tracker Grizzly is an overweight, overpriced slug. Take a look at the Lowe riveted 1648 with no center seat. Alumacraft makes a similar boat. Either would be lighter and less expensive than the tracker.

You need to find out your tow rating. My brother has a 2014 outback and IIRC it has a 2700 pound rating, 3000 pounds if you have the bigger engine.

How far are you planning on towing your boat? And will you have big hills?
I would be more concerned about stopping power vs engine power.

Myself I would go with the 1648 if your going to be fishing with more than yourself.
Also the gauge of the aluminum will change the weight of your boat.
If you plan on running skinny water might be better with a heavier haul.

Latest posts