Alumacraft Fisherman 145 - Might Buy - Need To Ask Some Fast Questions ASAP

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Very interested in a lightly used and very clean bare bones Alumacraft Fisherman 145 Because the boat absolutely has to go into a small shed, a 15’ boat is just about the biggest I can get.

This boat does not have a console and I told the marine center and also an alumacraft dealer I would want them to add a console with most likely a 25 hp Yamaha.

They said because of liability reasons you can only get a console with the boat new and factory rigged.

I asked them if they would install an aftermarket console and the guy I talked to said he wasn’t sure they could do it but would look into it.

My other concern is. I’m going to use this boat for bass fishing a lot of the time. I’m used to having my rods flat down on the front deck. But with the way this boat is designed. If I have a console right up on the starboard side and there’s this bench/livewell design that’s higher than the front deck on the port side, where could I lay down 4 to 6 rods flat without having them right in the middle of the boat and that won’t do. Any ideas?

Thanks!!! Do you like your Fisherman 145 or have any experience in riding or fishing out of one? Guessing it gets blown around a bit but I think I would like to have a 24v Fortrex on it.

Is the Escape a heavier and redesigned version of the fisherman? I think it’s 300 pounds heavier too?

I think this boat is really cool. Wonder if I can make it work out somehow. I’ve put hundreds of hours on a tiller jon but I think it’s time for a console with controls!

Appreciate any input you have.

Latest posts