1950’s 14ft Semi-V Mirro-Craft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asaclass6

Reaction score
First let me say thank you to all the contributing members for your inspiration. Without this site my project would have never left the ground!

image2-rotated.jpeg

image3-rotated.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image5-rotated.jpeg

image6-rotated.jpeg

What I started with:
image7.jpeg

image8.jpeg

image9.jpeg

image10-rotated.jpeg

image11-rotated.jpeg

image12-rotated.jpeg

image13-rotated.jpeg

image14-rotated.jpeg

image15-rotated.jpeg

image16-rotated.jpeg

image17-rotated.jpeg

image18-rotated.jpeg

image19-rotated.jpeg

image20-rotated.jpeg

Great work. I love your all aluminum framework, never have to worry about it rotting out.

stomper said:
Great work. I love your all aluminum framework, never have to worry about it rotting out.

Thanks stomper - it also is much lighter than wood so that entered into the equation as well. Never have done any metal work what so ever. What’s the old saying when it comes to $25 pieces of metal: measure 8 times then measure again ....then cut once ....ideally!?!?

looks great.....wondering how wide it is? looks wide.
Thanks
Jack

Hi - great build! I see you removed the middle seat totally... any issues with flexing? I have a similar style... much newer Mirrocraft but the deep V. I want to add the floor and remove the middle seat so I don't have to keep jumping of it when fishing... but being told it would just flex/fold up.

Rookie1719 said:
Hi - great build! I see you removed the middle seat totally... any issues with flexing? I have a similar style... much newer Mirrocraft but the deep V. I want to add the floor and remove the middle seat so I don't have to keep jumping of it when fishing... but being told it would just flex/fold up.

Couple of things to consider in my build is the length of my boat ‘14 (not sure what your boat is), I added a casting deck and rod holders in lieu of the seat. Entirely removing the seat and simply throwing plywood down could certainly pose issues with stability and the longevity of your boat.

I did remove the middle seat - as you can see in the photos I used aluminum as framing both along the floor and side to side on the gunnels. There are a couple of approaches you could use to do what you are looking to do:

1) leave the seat in place frame over or between the seats to add a casting at the height of the seat

2) leave the the vertical walls of the seat and gut it (cut off the top and remove foam) for storage and do as above in #1

3) cut the seat down halfway or 2/3rds so you still have side to side support and place the floor over this up to the next seat.

asaclass6 said:
Rookie1719 said:

Couple of things to consider in my build is the length of my boat ‘14 (not sure what your boat is), I added a casting deck and rod holders in lieu of the seat. Entirely removing the seat and simply throwing plywood down could certainly pose issues with stability and the longevity of your boat.

I did remove the middle seat - as you can see in the photos I used aluminum as framing both along the floor and side to side on the gunnels. There are a couple of approaches you could use to do what you are looking to do:

1) leave the seat in place frame over or between the seats to add a casting at the height of the seat

2) leave the the vertical walls of the seat and gut it (cut off the top and remove foam) for storage and do as above in #1

3) cut the seat down halfway or 2/3rds so you still have side to side support and place the floor over this up to the next seat.

Thanks I have the 14’2 x 5.3’

- I’ll most likely add the compartments on the side and add support from the rail to the ribs under the floor. That should keep it sturdy ... considering it’s 0.063” aluminum that should keep it stable.

But thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.

Latest posts