Looking for Casting Platform Ideas 14' Lund SSV

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jordanturcotte

Reaction score
Hello

New to boating. Just got a 14' Lund SSV. Looking at converting everything beyond the front seat into a casting platform with storage underneath. Looking for thoughts and ideas on building the frame as well as material to cover the casting platform. Any info or tips are greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Jordan

Hey man, also looking into building a casting deck or platform on my 86 14foot mirrocraft level flotation deep v. I’m going to just play it safe and put 1/2 plywood on the middle seat and have it go to the bow (originally was gonna do 3/4) carpet it, and put in a bow mount trolling motor, I’m going to used angled aluminum to support the wood and create support for the storage hatch I’ll make in between the front seat and bow. Posting pics soon.

I’ve got an old 14’ Blue Fin on which I just built a removable platform that lays across the front bench seats. Easily removable and stays in place well. 5/8” painted plywood with a frame underneath made from 2x3’s. All free wood from where I work. Did the same with the floors in between the seats in the back. I’m 250 lbs and I have had no problems sitting or standing up there, although I only stand if the water is fairly calm. Been a few years and still in decent shape. I would post a pic or two but haven’t figured out how yet.

Latest posts