Any Idea?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shamoo

Reaction score
Im giving this one more shot, before when I plugged in my thing to down load pictures and plug in my card a blue screen with the program i was using popped up, I'd click next and it asked me if I wanted to down load to 3 or 4 different places, I'd click where i wanted it to go than clicked next and my pictures my would come up, than i selected the ones i wanted to down load, any idea of what program i was using?

I think its Windows Scanner and Camera wizard, It must have gotten diabled, any idea how to put the the program back on or redownload it?

I had windows wizard when I ran XP.
On this computer the program is not there...windows 7
I liked the wizard program as well,it would just open up the pictures that weren't already on your computer.
Much easier then the way i have to do it now.

Pretty sure it was called photo wizard.
If your computers running windows 7, it won't have it on it.
I've heard(online) some people that actually went back to running XP because they couldn't get the photo wizard to work on Windows 7.

You might try a system restore to the date you last used the program you want.

If you are using XP go to start , all programs, accessories, system tools, system restore and it will promp you there. hope this will help you.

Tried 5 or 6 different times and I cant be restored, oh if by any chance I do restore and at that date my computer had viruses would they be restored also?

If your system restore has gotten turned off, you probably do have a virus. try going to download.com and download malwarebytes. it's a free, but really good tool. that should find anything that would shut down system restore and maybe find what caused all of your problem.

I lost my good 'automatic' program too.
Ahhh well.
Do this now. It's pretty easy.
Plug your 'thing' in to the PC, turn the Camera on.
Go to "My Computer" and look for the last Disk in line. Mine comes up "H".
Click on that, you should see something like DCIM
Click on that, and again, and you should see all your pictures coming in from the Camera.

Make a file somewhere, send them all to that file, delete the ones in your DCIM and turn the camera off.

sgtfletcher said:
If your system restore has gotten turned off, you probably do have a virus. try going to download.com and download malwarebytes. it's a free, but really good tool. that should find anything that would shut down system restore and maybe find what caused all of your problem.
And remember to update the program before you run a scan and then update it each time you run a scan.

DocWatson said:
sgtfletcher said:
And remember to update the program before you run a scan and then update it each time you run a scan.
Mr. Doc & fletch, I ran the malware, it came up with 3 things, one was on my Norton and was low risk, if I remove it will it remove the Norton file also?

Sorry I didn't get back sooner 'moo, life got in the way. :wink:

The scan should not have turned up Norton as a problem. Can you do a screen shot of the results, with the Norton item expanded (click on any = sign next to it) and post it ??

If you would like me to take a look at your system (no charge) I'd be glad to help you out. It sounds like all you need is some basic system maintenance utilities and a couple security programs to run weekly and instructions on how to do that. Simple stuff I can teach to almost anyone. Even a fisherman. :wink:

PM me if you are interested.

Latest posts