SEO

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShadowWalker

Reaction score
Search Engine Optimization. Anyone have experience with it? I thought I was decent at computers and websites, at least for my uses, until I tried getting stuff to show up in search engines. Its Kind of driving me crazy. I have no clue which keywords to use where. Backlinking, do follow, no follow. One thing is for sure, I don't follow it. :LOL2:

Yup, I do(just a little). It's a nightmare for sure not knowing really how search engines crawl and index sites. Everyone says one thing but I do not see it.

I know Titles or articles using key words and phrases is high up there in importance. In general in regards to crawling, the more places that have linked to your site the higher it gets indexed. I am not sure if the number is 100 or 1000. I dont mean just typing in your site like TinBoats.net, I mean: https://www.TinBoats.net

I have been experimenting with the way Google searches my joomla(homepage articles). This is what I found. If i write something that has not been written a billion times before, I get up there in the first page or two. If I write about something that has been beat to death, unless someone googles it the exact same way....forget about it.

Google has tools that are free that can help you do keyword research. Just look them up, you can see what the most popular entries are for any particular topic that is searched.

Years ago when I operated my website I found that links to other sites made a greater impact than anything I could do. It was slow going until I was able to trade links. I was beginning to to think Googles crawler had broken legs.

one of the domains I have for a kayaking group I might start is #4 in google, but its not a highly searched term since it is area specific. I need to work on some secondary keywords probably, and with some work I don't doubt I can get it in number 1 or 2.

another one is a catchy domain, but I wasn't thinking because the terms in the address itself are pretty generic. It would be good to brand, or for something local that you could hand out business cards/word of mouth, but search wise I don't know if it will ever be up high in results without typing the exact address

Latest posts