Verizon Phones?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubba

Reaction score
What kind have you guys got, and do you like it?

My mom is upgrading our Verizon plan, and she's getting a new phone and with the one she's getting, I get a new one for free. Just curious what kind of phones you guys got? And what you think about it.

At the moment, She went ahead and ordered me a Samsung "Trance"...which seems pretty nice, but i've been reading mixed reviews on it. I'm not worried about getting on the internet, or sending emails alot, but this one does seem to have good music capabilities which could be nice. I don't even text that much, so thats not a big concern either...but wouldn't be against a "QWERTY" keypad. A descent camera would be nice as well to have with me for all those monster fish I catch.... :lol: .

Also want a small profile phone as I usually keep it in my pocket.

with all of the Verizon phones I've used - I've got the GZone (military specs) and it's great. I've dropped it a hundred times and it keeps going.

For their other phones - I would start out with some model of Samsung - they are the best in my opinon, and I've tried them all. Second on my list would be LG. Keep away from Motorola and the Verizon brand phones... never had good luck with them.

ive had good luck with lg's. i have the motorola duno modle. its silver and red and black. i fell on it and crushed the hole front, but everything still works, camera and all. it has to be my best phone yet

I have an LG Chocolate 3. It takes amazing pictures with a 2.0 mega pixels camera. The speaker is excellent for its size. It also has an FM transmitter that you can broadcast your songs on. Just pick an unused FM frequency on your radio and set the phone to broadcst on that frequency. Then you can hear your songs on your radio. It works very well in the car or truck.
The display is nice and bright also. It charges the battery very quick compared to other phones I have had in the past. I am very happy with it. I am very hard on phones since I am a mechanic and roll around and bang them a good bit while working on equipment. I have a plan with Verizon in which I get a new phone every two years.

KMixson said:
I have an LG Chocolate 3. It takes amazing pictures with a 2.0 mega pixels camera. The speaker is excellent for its size. It also has an FM transmitter that you can broadcast your songs on. Just pick an unused FM frequency on your radio and set the phone to broadcst on that frequency. Then you can hear your songs on your radio. It works very well in the car or truck.
The display is nice and bright also. It charges the battery very quick compared to other phones I have had in the past. I am very happy with it. I am very hard on phones since I am a mechanic and roll around and bang them a good bit while working on equipment. I have a plan with Verizon in which I get a new phone every two years.

That was actually one of the other phones I was looking at. If I happen to not like this "Trance", I may look into that Chocolate 3. Thanks!

I have a Motorolla Krazr. I don't think that they even make them anymore. Mine is a couple of years old.

It has been a decent phone but the first one crapped out on me after only about 2 months. That brand new phone was swapped out by Verizon with an older refurb. :x I raised 19 kinds of heck about that but it didn't do any good. I may be crazy but I fully expect a brand new phone in return for a defective brand new phone, not one that already had wear marks on it.

I got it because it has great music capabilities and a decent web browser. After the first month and the new wore off, I never use that stuff.

Just for anyone that may look into one of the Samsung "Trance"...DONT. I've already sent mine back before I even activated it...soon as they get it back, i'm gonna order a Chocolate 3. The overall phone was nice, but it had a few really annoying features.

First off it was a slider phone...which I liked the thought of...but the way this phone was designed is stupid....it has a touch sensitive control pad on the front....which you can lock when its slide closed. But when its open to dial a number or talk on the phone, theres no way you can lock this....so whenever you put the phone to your face....soon as any part of your face touches the phone, it starts beeping going through menus. There is a sensitivity setting you can change, but it didn't help even on the lowest setting.

The second bad part about the phone was that it had an extremely smooth & shiny casing....thus making it extremely slippery to handle.

Between these two really annoying features, I chose to send the phone back. Soon as they get the phone back and re-prossesed through their system, Im going to order a new Chocolate 3. From the reviews....it seems to be a really well liked phone overall....and more/better features than the Trance had anyway.

Maybe the Chocolate 3 is a better phone than the original. Lots of problems and poor reception with that one.

When I bought mine, all of the employees at the Verizon store warned me off of them. They had all bought them because of the hype and they all hated them and most of them had already ditched them for another phone.

This was the original. Maybe they have improved.

Quackrstackr said:
Maybe the Chocolate 3 is a better phone than the original. Lots of problems and poor reception with that one.

When I bought mine, all of the employees at the Verizon store warned me off of them. They had all bought them because of the hype and they all hated them and most of them had already ditched them for another phone.

This was the original. Maybe they have improved.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they have. This Chocolate 3 is a totally different phone from what the 1 & 2 were. The originals where a slider phone alot like that trance I got, the new Chocolate 3 is a regular flip phone. It's one of the better rated phones that Verizon has out right now.

I have a MotoRazr V3xx from Cingular, now AT&T :roll: , and I think I got it over 2 yrs ago. Has a decent camera and the battery lasts quite awhile. Lots of features I've never used (music storage, texting) and probably never will, but I can make and receive phone calls on it. I do occasionally use the internet feature to log-on here when I'm out of town and away from my computer, and I email pics home to my computer, plus have used the Bluetooth feature for syncing with my computer. I also liked it for it's size as it fits in my pocket when not using the belt clip holder. My students ask me why I don't upgrade to a more modern phone, and I always tell them "this one still works". :)

We have the G Z'one at werk and while it is rugged, I can't understand what people are saying when I use it. I use Sprint for my pesonal cell phone and have a 3 year old SamSung SPH-A840 that I like a lot more than our werk phones.

I had a LG VX8300,the best phone I ever had.I recently got a Motorola Rival A455 in tin silver.It's an ok phone.I only paid $3.89 for it,that's why I got it.I get discount because of the company my G/F works for and then the mail in rebate.So it's cheap and I am glad I didn't pay more.The camera is crap and has no flash,and the battery dies every 8 hours if I don't use it.Plan on a 8gb sd micro card if you want to take pics or play mp3's.

Just got an LG Rumor2 to replace my old phone. Wonder if there is a way to move a ringtone to the phone (and be able to use it as a ringtone) without accessing the internet with the phone. I don't have internet on my plan so I pay per KB of data per use so I would rather just use the USB cable and send it that way.

Popeye said:
Just got an LG Rumor2 to replace my old phone. Wonder if there is a way to move a ringtone to the phone (and be able to use it as a ringtone) without accessing the internet with the phone. I don't have internet on my plan so I pay per KB of data per use so I would rather just use the USB cable and send it that way.

Do the phones have Bluetooth capability? I "sent" the GQ Alarm ringtone to a bunch of guys at leadership camp this past summer using Bluetooth. There's a bunch of ex-squids walking around with GQ on their phones now, lol. :lol:

Latest posts