Tagged out on my spring turkeys

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quackrstackr

Reaction score
I finally managed to get on them this morning. I got in tight and was set up 30 minutes before first light. As it turned out, I was actually set up within 30 yards of what was either a jake or a gobbler. I couldn't see anything but his legs and tail and he only half gobbled one time. I thought it was a hen at first because he would yelp loudly at the other gobblers firing off in front of me.

He pitched down behind a bush that was 10 yards in front of me at 6:15 and within 2 minutes there were 5 or 6 other turkeys sailing in and landing behind the same wild rose bush within 30 yards of me. They all immediately started beating a trail left of me to where I had heard a hen earlier. A series of yelps turned them around and they all went back behind the bush. One more call and half of them gobbled where I couldn't see them. I turned the gun toward the hen decoy that I had sitting to my right and put the hammer down on the first swinging beard that I could see.

6:20 am
19#
9" beard
1" spurs

There may have been a bigger one in the bunch but I wasn't taking any chances on being picked out. Judging by the decoy, he was close enough.

0425000626.jpg

100_0435.jpg

100_0436.jpg

100_0438.jpg

Latest posts