Cant catch a break!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Ive been out a dozen time so far this year and cant get a deer close enough to take a shot at. I've seen deer each and every time...just out of range. :?

Jim said:
Ive been out a dozen time so far this year and cant get a deer close enough to take a shot at. I've seen deer each and every time...just out of range. :?
That's a bummer! Can you tell if you are just in wrong location (meaning you need to move closer to their trail) or are they winding you (scent control)? I have a friend that just can't sit still therefore he will rarely see deer because they usually see him first.

Jim, it's not the harvesting that makes it count. It's the hunt. Bringing home some meat is just a bonus.
Being out there, maybe alone, just listening to the sounds, smelling the smells, and chuckling to yourself over the local squirrel antics is what makes it great.
Hearing, and watching, that loudmouthed city boy stomping through, without so much as noticing you, adds to the experience, too.

Roger

GTS225 said:
Jim, it's not the harvesting that makes it count. It's the hunt. Bringing home some meat is just a bonus.
Being out there, maybe alone, just listening to the sounds, smelling the smells, and chuckling to yourself over the local squirrel antics is what makes it great.
Hearing, and watching, that loudmouthed city boy stomping through, without so much as noticing you, adds to the experience, too.

Roger

:USA1:

Latest posts