Fried Gator Pictures Added

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fool4fish1226

Reaction score
Just got done frying up some gator - my god was it good - I will post pics tuesday sometime - but right now I just need some more gator, beer, and football :beer:

Attachments

• DSC00250.JPG
    DSC00250.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 1,401
  • DSC00254.JPG
    DSC00254.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 1,401
I'm not sure if I've had it or not, but beacuse it's fried.... I'm sure I'd like it.

The restaurant my son works for sells gator bites. I love them!!!! They are currently out of gator and are not able to get anymore because for some reason the price of gator has gone though the roof.

Josh in FLA said:
Looks yummy. What do you do for prep? We've always done a orange juice marinade before frying.

I soak it over night in whole milk. Then floor, eggwash, breading, and into the hot oil.

Jim said:
What does the OJ do?
The acid helps to tenderize the meat and also adds a little extra flavor. It's a family tradition as well, utilizing what is locally available. My mother's family is true Florida crackers, been in central Florida since before the Civil War. Chasing cows at first, cutting lumber for a while, started growing pineapples and bananas, and then growing citrus when it came into fashion. Some of them are still running cows and growing citrus.