Striper Taco's!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RALLEN2311

Reaction score
Took some striper I had in the freezer out to thaw this morning. Freestyled this but want to share since it turn out so great.

3 pounds filleted and deboned striper filets.
One head Iceberg lettuce
A few red tomatoes
Shredded or thinly sliced cheese of your choice
Sauce toppings if you want (tarter sauce etc)
5 or so large lemons

Completely thaw filets, spread out in smoking rack. Squeeze lemon juice over filets. Sprinkle your spices of choice on your fish. I use garlic powder, SMALL amount of chili powder (mostly for color) and weber brand lemon herb seasoning.

Let your smoker heat up to 190-200 degrees. Put fish in smoker for 40-50 minutes or longer if thicker filets. You should always check temperature/cooked through before you turn your smoker off.

I prefer hickory wood but fruit wood works great for fish also. While fish is smoking cut up your veggies. Cook your rice as the fish is finishing. Lay burrito size tortillas out and rub LIGHTLY with warm water. Cover with foil after you get your desired amount done and put in oven for a few mins at 275 degrees. Add your layers to your burrito and eat it up! Or just eat with rice and other vegetables or whatever you prefer. If you use the tortilla to make a " fish taco" make sure to put rice on first, then veggies, then protein and then the sauce/ cheese if you want it.

This place does not like my pictures so no pic's - Sorry.

Latest posts