Hatch Chile

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keystone

Reaction score
Straight from Hatch, New Mexico. 50 lbs. of pure culinary heaven have been roasted and is ready to be frozen in 1 qt freezer bags (@ 1 lb. per bag).

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=363946#p363946 said:
New River Rat » 15 minutes ago[/url]"]Nice! Do you do anything other than bag them for freezing?

Well, I do eat them. :mrgreen:
I do not can them if that is what you are asking. Can not stand canned Chiles. They loose something in the process.
They get used in many ways. Chile Verde. In soups. Inside meatloaf. On sandwiches. On Burgers. With steak. Pretty much eat them with most things.

Ended up with 28 quart bags. @ 32 lbs. after roasting (allot of water in them). So I have (more or less) a bag for every two weeks. Think I need a larger freezer so I can double that next year :mrgreen:

Don't know if you sent for them or drove them back. If the latter, you could have slipped one or two into the tank and made some kind of jet fuel. Probably cut driving time in half.

I got to hand it to you hot chili eating guys and gals - just being in the same room with them makes me start to sweat. I grew up on pretty bland food and never developed a taste or tolerance for hot foods. As far as regional foods go, I grew up in an area where lutefisk was considered good eating! I do not. You can't even be in the same city when someone is coking up a big batch of lye-soaked fish.

I have Hy-Vee order them in for me. Having them shipped is not viable as shipping would have been $130!

I fully understand the idea of "hot" food in MN. My MIL thinks Katsup/Ketchup is on the "spicy" side! :LOL2: As for Long Green Chile. There is Mild to Extra hot. I would rather have Medium in the Big Jim pepper. But ordering them in this manner makes it close to impossible to get the exact pepper one wants (unless I am willing to order direct which adds that high $$$ shipping charge).

Latest posts