New Mexico Red Chile Venison stew

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keystone

Reaction score
5*f for the low today. 12*f for the high and expected to wake up tomorrow in the single digits below.
PERFECT day to make (and consume) Red Chile Venison Stew. The base is a Red Chile pepper with red wine reduction that I make myself. It is close to the thickness of tomato paste when finished. Any way, 3 cups of that added to six cups boiling water for the base. I thicken that just a tad with flour.It will also have Green Chile in it. Venison, dried tomatoes, onion, garlic, celery,diced potatoes, carrots, pozzole and spices......should warm the soul this evening.

Attachments

• redchilestew.jpg
    redchilestew.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,788
OK, you listed pozzole in the ingredients, and since I'd never heard of that I googled it. I couldn't find anything under that spelling but I did find pozole/posole but that is a soup or stew from Mexico. So what is it that you're putting in there. BTW, It looks and sounds delicious.

JMichael said:
OK, you listed pozzole in the ingredients, and since I'd never heard of .......... So what is it that you're putting in there. BTW, It looks and sounds delicious.

In English it is the same corn used to make Grits. Hominy.

And thanks, it does taste good IMO.

Latest posts