What are you cooking for New Years?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillhunter

Staff member
Reaction score
For New Years eve I scored a couple of 8oz. fillets. I'll bacon wrap them, put them on the Weber and serve with shrimp, twice baked potatoes, and steamed brocolli.

For New Years day I am going to smoke a Pastrami cured bone-in turkey breast. Just put it in the cure.

Attachments

• Turkey Pastrami 001.jpg
    Turkey Pastrami 001.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 2,056
I am hoping to cook up some 14 day dry age prime rib steaks. If all turns out I will post pics. If not I will be joining earl at gill's

Well it looks like the dry aged prime is going to be a go - I will post pics tomorrow sometime (If I am not ill :LOL2: ). Gill you can give my place at the table away. :beer: :beer: :beer:

Menu = Dry aged prime, crispy potato cakes, scallops, fish (grouper), shrimp, all over a bed of fresh spring greens with a homemade dijon dressing.

fool4fish1226 said:
Well it looks like the dry aged prime is going to be a go - I will post pics tomorrow sometime (If I am not ill :LOL2: ). Gill you can give my place at the table away. :beer: :beer: :beer:

Menu = Dry aged prime, crispy potato cakes, scallops, fish (grouper), shrimp, all over a bed of fresh spring greens with a homemade dijon dressing.

Sounds wonderful :beer: :beer: maybe I'll come to your house :LOL2:

Here's how the turkey came out. Very tastey if I say so myself. If you never tried it you're missing out :LOL2:

Attachments

• t 004.jpg
    t 004.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 1,983
  • t 002.jpg
    t 002.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 1,983
Yum!

Being from the south, we always cook black eyed peas, cabbage and cornbread. The black eyed peas were off the chain. (Don't care for cabbage, but the family says it was good.)

Happy New Year!
Thanks for sharing the pics.

Latest posts