savory steak

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Insanity

Reaction score
I use chuck because I like the fat off it. Thin cut will fall apart when turning over during cooking. But it will also melt in your mouth.
If you can find LA Choy Lite soy sauce use it. It's not as salty.
Marinate In a large zip lock bag in the frig. A couple of steaks, a bottle of soy sauce and a little dry minced garlic.
For the lite I marinate 24 hrs until the steak is black. The blacker the more tender it will be. Black all the way threw is great.
Message the bag around a couple of times a day. To coat the meat if it touches the other steak for a long period it will not absorb in that spot.
If all you can find is regular La Choy you might decease the time greatly as its very salty. It's salty enough with the lite.
Now grill slowly. I like wood coals better as the smoke combines with the flavor of the soy sauce.
But charcoal will work. Gas or pan frying will result in burnt flavored soy sauce.
It will be fork tender as the soy sauce works like tenderizer.
Every one that's tried this loves it.

I often take this camping with me. Put it in the bag and set it in the cooler at the house. And cook after 24 hrs.

Latest posts