Nothing fancy today!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
But it was the REAL first nice day out. So why not go big. Stuffed cheese burgers, sausages, and a couple of Porter house steaks (on sale of course! $5.77 per lb).
fe07fce677be42d0d1bd740c2698f079.jpg

9f18bf12aaade43d1c6c9cbe944218a8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim, (and other lurkers), I used to be a very accomplished grillmaster.
upon selling all my really cool grill and cooking stuff (or loosing it in the divorce),
I have tried many times to cook a decent steak on the simple charcoal fire,
pan fried and oven broiled and just can not get it to cook medium-(juicy pink)
and be tender. . . . .

HOW DID THOSE PORTERS TURN OUT ???

They look AWESOME !

Medium?? No thank you. Mines gotta be bloody and cool on the inside. Cut off the horns, slap it on the rear, and throw it on my plate lol.

I'm a medium-rare guy myself. Anything more is a sin. :LOL2:

The burgers came out medium, but with the big block of pepperjack cheese in the middle, they were real good.

The porter houses came out awesome! Not only because they are on sale this week for $5.77 per pound, but because I actually cooked them 4 minutes per side on that high heat and let them sit for a few minutes before digging in.

KMixson said:
Wyatt said:
Medium?? No thank you. Mines gotta be bloody and cool on the inside. Cut off the horns, slap it on the rear, and throw it on my plate lol.

In other words you want to hear it scream when you stick a fork into it? :LOL2:

I agree with Wyatt, I want to see it at least flinch when I stick it with the fork.

Medium rare or slightly less cooked for me. Back in the early 70's we use to frequent a local truck stop restaurant after a late night of partying. A guy started coming in regularly that would tell the waitress to throw his steak on a hot griddle. As soon as they heard it go sizzzz flip it over. When it went sizzz again throw it on a plate. If he ever got one that looked like it had made more than 5 seconds of contact with that griddle on either side, he'd send it back.

Latest posts