Replacement boat seats.....good ones.

Boating related questions, small projects, custom work and talk go here.
llbaker2

Post by llbaker2 »

Just installed a Millennuim Pro-M (saltwater version) seat on my bow. First impressions are good. Went with the Pro-M over B-100 due to the former having adjustable back angle. The Pro-M sits a couple inches higher than the cheapo Wise seats that came on boat. Bought an 11 inch pin pedestal ($15) to replace my 13 inch. Works pretty well for me with my short legs (28 inch inseam). Guess I could just as well have cut a couple inches off my original pedestal or removed spring from seat mount bracket to reduce seat height. Really like the back support. With my original Wise seats the backs flexed backward really bad when I tried to lean back in seats. They didn't offer much back support. Pro-M works great in that department. Can lean back with no give/flex. Pro-M gives good back support and has adjustable strap so you can fine tune back angle to your liking. Mesh material is nice. The mesh gives good ventilation and wont burn the flesh off your thighs when you sit down on a hot summer day. Seat is a little wider than needed (Im 5'8", 210 lbs). Extra width can be an issue on smaller boats like mine. The frames appear to be very sturdy. My biggest concern is the mesh material. Not sure how long it will last or if it can be replaced when it does eventually give out. Anyone out there know if mesh can be replaced? Cant find any info on that.

gnappi

Post by gnappi »

I have toyed with the idea of putting seats in my boat and basspro has the best setup for trying them out which I think everyone should do before buying. I found that seats I thought looked good were not and seats I thought looked uncomfortable were better. The bottom line is try before you buy if you can.
Regards,

Gary (in South Florida)

ppine

Post by ppine »

Quality fishing seats cost a lot. Few companies have them. There are lots of average okay seats in the $100 to $200 range.
In order to recover my two seats, and two short bench seats costs around $1100 to $1200 for a Jetcraft.

Oliver305

Post by Oliver305 »

For fishermen or anglers looking for the perfect boat chair, these millennium boat seats are arguably the best of them all. For its durability, I can say that this seat was built to last longer because of the materials it is being built. In fact, the seat frame was built using aluminum which is known for its durability. This seat was also made to have resistance properties from molds, mildew, and UV rays. It will ensure that it can withstand harsh conditions coming from the marine environment.

turbotodd

Post by turbotodd »

my friend has a tin boat with millenium pro-m seats. They are the most uncomfortable seats I've ever sat in. They're not even "ok" for a short trip, they are totally flat, they don't support anything, might as well be a pair of boards nailed together (although they aren't as hard as plywood). And they look like poo. No way I'd have spent that much money on them. ($160 ea). I sit in the seats so they need to be supportive and it's best if they have some foam in them like an automotive seat. I have tempress navistyle high backs in mine and they're good seats. The problem is, the foam is broken down. The upholstery is in great shape and is clean, no cracking or anything but the foam-is broken down and after about 5 minutes I'm feeling the seat frame under the foam. But they are also 10 years old now, and I use my boat all year round so I should not complain. But I am looking around for seats to replace them.

LDUBS

Post by LDUBS »

I have a couple of Tempress helm style seats and love them. Very comfortable. I invested in some covers to protect the seats when not in use and I think that is a big help in maintaining them. A couple of other benefits of the covers are that the seats have a plastic "bucket" which will catch water and hold it. The covers address that. And after driving through fog or drizzle I can sit down in a dry seat.

I also have a couple of Tempress brand folding seats and have literally used one of them one time. They are stored on a shelf up in the garage so I expect they will last a long time! Haha.
Have Rod - Will Fish

turbotodd

Post by turbotodd »

I'm looking at the Tempress Probax

anyone have any input with those? Local guy made me an offer on the two navistyle seats I currently have and I'm thinking about taking it, and then getting the probax seats.

BillPlayfoot

Post by BillPlayfoot »

turbotodd wrote: 24 Dec 2020, 10:25The problem is, the foam is broken down. The upholstery is in great shape and is clean, no cracking or anything but the foam-is broken down and after about 5 minutes I'm feeling the seat frame under the foam. But they are also 10 years old now, and I use my boat all year round so I should not complain. But I am looking around for seats to replace them.
I had the same problem. I had the local auto upholstery shop replace the foam with automotive foam. Made my ten year old seats like new again. That was two years ago.

ppine

Post by ppine »

Replacement seats are a good idea. There are so many crummy ones out there.
The yachting catalogues for big boats, have totally different quality seats. You can spend as much as you want though.

Gary Roe

Post by Gary Roe »

I use Attwood Padded Boat Seat. It offers all the essentials of jon boat seats and can help prevent back pain and other issues.It offers the utmost comfort for anyone who sits in it, and you can spend the entire day fishing with hardly any pain.