94 Alumacraft V14 $$ Value ?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tin Ark

Reaction score
Came across a 94 Alumacraft V14 with a 20 Johnson I’m guessing is about the same year. Boat and trailer refurbed and engine is strong. What kind of value would you put on it? Been advertised now for 6 weeks or so. I’d like something to toy around with for the summer while I get my affairs in order to buy another SeaArk.

So what cha think $$ wise is a decent
price?

9E67A81B-A04B-49AB-BC5F-188F9984210B.jpeg

Attachments

• 6E17EB2D-CB2A-471C-90C3-BFFF3E8301E0.jpeg
    6E17EB2D-CB2A-471C-90C3-BFFF3E8301E0.jpeg
    45.8 KB · Views: 286
  • B79B9AAD-AED7-4CD5-B8EA-D0050B8FF44A.jpeg
    B79B9AAD-AED7-4CD5-B8EA-D0050B8FF44A.jpeg
    57.1 KB · Views: 286
My area-ND- probably a $1200 t0 $1500 boat if all was good with it. I can see the trailer needs fenders but the rest LOOKs ok.

I'd say $1800, give or take, if all of the paperwork is in order and the hull is as good as it looks.

I sold a much older 14' Alumacraft Semi-V with a 25 Johnson, in much worse shape, for $1200.

I would say that would be a 1500 dollar package. But the last year has been a sellers market and have seen them go for as high as 2500.

RaisedByWolves said:
Tin Ark said:
Yes for sure, this was listed at $2500 and I passed. Someone bought it though.

I think you did well in that.

The cheap looking repaint raises some flags for me.

I was thinking the same thing. Conceivable the guy just liked to paint, but other not so good reasons are more conceivable. I see something like that, I get real skeptical.

You might want to test scratch the paint with your fingernail underneath somewhere. If they didn't prep the surface properly, it will peel & look terrible after a while. Then it is lots of work to strip it back to bare.

MrGiggles said:
By the way it appears to be peeled off the transom, almost looks like Plasti-dip or latex house paint.
Huh, is that external transom color change purposeful? I've been looking at it quite a bit trying to figure out what it is. Shark? Pirate ship?
If it's just peeled paint, I feel a bit silly.

Frankenfish said:
MrGiggles said:
By the way it appears to be peeled off the transom, almost looks like Plasti-dip or latex house paint.
Huh, is that external transom color change purposeful? I've been looking at it quite a bit trying to figure out what it is. Shark? Pirate ship?

Plasti-dip was a pretty big fad a few years ago. Wouldn't surprise me if someone painted that boat up with it.

The good thing about it is that it's easily removable, peels off like vinyl wrap.

Frankenfish said:
MrGiggles said:

I was thinking the exact same thing. Thought it was an intentional design. Haha.