Pescatore progress

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pescatore

Reaction score
Received the carpet yesterday.
today I cut it in the shape of the decks and pavement leaving about an inch to fold it underneath (i am not going to screw the deck to the frame).
I have never glue carpet, what do you suggest:
a) spread the glue on the deck and then lay down the plywood on the carpet
b) start attaching one edge of the carpet to the deck and the spread the glue and roll the carpet on the wood

:?: :?: :?: :?:IMG00060.jpg

Attachments

• IMG00058.jpg
    IMG00058.jpg
    574 KB · Views: 719
Looks good. I just put the glue on the wood, laid the carpet down, and then glued the edges, then glued the carpet that was going to be folded over. Pulled tight, used ss staples. Keep out of the rain for at least the time they suggest to let the carpet cure.

By the way, how did you frame the back deck? Is it for standing? How did you attach to the boat? I want to do it, but have second thoughts as how to support it vertically.

I decided to don't do vertical support I just screwed a 2x2 to the transom and one on top of it for the posterior side. Then more 2x2 to the bench and connecte everything with strong tie. I used 5/8 plywood for the decking I stand on it and looks pretty solid (I'm 195 lbs).

Attachments

• IMG00052.jpg
    IMG00052.jpg
    501.6 KB · Views: 711
  • IMG00053.jpg
    IMG00053.jpg
    442.8 KB · Views: 711
  • IMG00056.jpg
    IMG00056.jpg
    461.4 KB · Views: 711
So you screwed your bottom 2x2 directly into the transom? I hate putting holes in it, but I guess some 5200 would help out. Thanks for the pics, I appreciate it.

Done with the carpeting, now I will let it rest for 4-5 days (I do not want to take the chance to screw it :lol: )

Meanwhile I'll work on the braket for the trolling motor (using the ober51 style) and pull some wire

Attachments

• IMG00071.jpg
    IMG00071.jpg
    574.5 KB · Views: 646
  • IMG00073.jpg
    IMG00073.jpg
    558.2 KB · Views: 646
  • IMG00075.jpg
    IMG00075.jpg
    527 KB · Views: 646
It is a Lowe 1642. I've got it 4 years ago and always used it "naked" but I have always had in my mind to modify it. The only problem was I had some but confused ideas taken from a bunch of pics found on the net. You can imagine when I saw on youtube the videoclip from this website... A new world in front of my eyes !!!!!
I've spent a couple of nights studying your projects and then I started my project (beginning of July).
Hope to be completly done in the next couple of weeks since I would like to go fishing with the kids before the end of the season.

Attachments

• DSCN4185.JPG
    DSCN4185.JPG
    632.7 KB · Views: 631
Finally DONE!!! (I still have to secure the trolling motor to the braket and finish the wiring but....) My wike should be happy to finally see me again :lol: , even though today she is probably mad cuz I pushed hard and I skipped lunch...

Anyway, big mistake with the front hatches too big, I had to remove the carpet from the side in order to close them with no such a grat visual result (I still have to trim the edges so it could get a little better... :lol: )... but It is over !!!!

Next step (but in the winter time otherwiswe there is risk of divorce :D ) : Console and remote control

Attachments

• IMG00088.jpg
    IMG00088.jpg
    578 KB · Views: 580
  • IMG00087.jpg
    IMG00087.jpg
    539.1 KB · Views: 580
  • IMG00089.jpg
    IMG00089.jpg
    656.1 KB · Views: 580
I should have mentioned the hatches thing! I made the same mistake. I cut out the hatches, then took into consideration a quarter in for carpet on each side but it was still not enough. THe second time I used four pieces of carpet and then mock fitted it in there, and slowly cut off about the thickness of a blade until it was snug. I also wound up having to add another piece of 2x2 so it wouldnt fall through the hole. No a big deal, my hatches are very big and store a lot up there.

It looks good! I understand about the divorce thing, as my gf didnt see me for weeks, lol.

Latest posts