New to the forum

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imapitbull

Reaction score
Well I found this forum today on youtube video. Just recently found interest in owning a boat, I alway's rent or borrow. Anyway's I have this boat that's been sitting out in my yard for about a year now, my wife and I got it out of the long grass. The tag on the inside say's 16ft Ranger. I took picture's of it. Was thinking of making a project out of it.New flooring, paint thing's of that sort.
Do you think the boat is worth it? Any suggestion's?
Picture435.jpg

Picture436.jpg

Picture437.jpg

Picture438.jpg

Picture439.jpg

Yea, Right Now You Have A Clean Slate, And Can "Build" About Anything You Want From This Point. Before, When You Rented Or Borrowed, What Did You Usually Do / Go After ( Pleasure Boating Or Specific Type Fishing )?

You Should Update Your Profile To Include An Area You Are From Or Fish.

Welcome Aboard ! =D>

countryboy210 said:
Yea, Right Now You Have A Clean Slate, And Can "Build" About Anything You Want From This Point. Before, When You Rented Or Borrowed, What Did You Usually Do / Go After ( Pleasure Boating Or Specific Type Fishing )?

You Should Update Your Profile To Include An Area You Are From Or Fish.

Welcome Aboard ! =D>

Basicly alittle of both, I love Bass fishing, troat, and I gotta throw in the Catfish. Although I haven't done much fishing since I moved to CT. I moved up here from Forsyth MO. where I did all my fishing/ boating. Table rock,Bull Shoals Lake, Few other area's.

Welcome to the site.
Thats a nice looking boat,seems real solid and nice size.

Nice clean hull to work with.
First thing is to clean it up & put in a floor. After that, figure out what kind of seats & storage you want.

Welcome aboard matte...Looks structurally sound from pics.. Agree with others check for leaks.. any transom repairs and clean-up add new floor and for sure look over storage.. never have enof storage...JIGGY

Well I spent about 2hour's scraping and vacuming, cleaned it up. Dont know if you can tell but here are the pic's. I will be checking for leak's today aswell.
Also should I start a new thread? Or keep adding update's to this one?

Picture458.jpg

Picture457.jpg

Picture456.jpg

Keep adding to this one for know. If you start serious work, maybe start a new one then.

You find one like this next spring, let me know, that is the kind of hull I am looking for!

Well just found out what make and model it is.
1977 Duranautic Ranger
Does any one know anything about them, I have done some searching but haven't come up with much. Here are some pic's that I was able to find during my search, of one. I kind of like the way it's set up, I will probably do something like this with it.
1478.jpg

014.jpg

000.jpg

I like that center console set up.Plenty of room for moving around the boat.I stand when I fish,so that'd be a great set up.If you sit and fish,you could add a flip up seat to the front of the console.

Latest posts