carpet and glue choices

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishfan

Reaction score
Is the lowes carpet ok @ .49 a sqaure foot or should I use someting better? Is the Henry outdoor carpet glue better than contact cement? How can I attach the carpeted boards to the bench seats and not have a bunch of screws showing? Just some things I am pondering. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I used the indoor/outdoor rolls of carpet at lows, still holding up like new. Once i glue (aerosal glue) the carpet and have it cut out, i staple it to the underside of the boards, and add a few staples in the middle of the board. Wack um down with a hammer and rub the carpet to kind of "fluff" it over the staples and you'll never see them

Depending on what color your going with, you can just sink the screws about half way down in the wood and rubb the carpet and you'll never be able to tell where the board was screw'd down at. Mine is all gray so if your going with a red or somthing it may be a different story

I will be using gray carpet. I have too look and see if I can find either gray or stainless deck screws. Spray on contact cement is ok?

the spray glue worked fine for me. make sure you spray it down nice and thick, let it tack up for a minute, stretch the carpet over the wood so it all lays flat and let'r dry for an hour or so before going any further

i used gray 1 1/4" drywall screws that i had laying around

I'll see if i can get a pic of mine for yah tonite

I use 3M 77.So far it's been great on boats,autos,and motorcycles.Two cans will usually do a 1448.Three if you go a little over board with it.LOL

https://www.shop3m.com/62497749309.html

Latest posts