Bow mount for T/M

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis1022

Reaction score
I have a Minn Kota 55 Endura and I like to mount it on the Bow! My problem is that I don't have any brackets or a frame that will fit on the bow! I remember that someone on this site had made a bracket for his T/M with medal and wood. I have a Fiberglass boat 16' Matthew made in N.C; the company folded up couple years ago!
100_0512.jpg

I have another question about T/M's, my 55 Thrust, I like to change it to my auto pilot minn kota. Is it possiable to change motor not the head? [/img]

All Data Pulled from:
https://www.secretweaponlures.com/odf/odfsite.html
(Give credit where it's due)

Homemade Trolling Motor Mount

The Bass Tracker jon boat has a two-inch high rail on the bow deck. I decided to use a stern-mount 36-pound thrust trolling motor and attach it to the front to free up casting deck space.

The trolling motor brace I fabricated is made of scrap steel bracing, a few stainless steel connectors (for attaching it to the deck), and three steel bolts (to attach a short section of pressure-treated 2 x 4), which I found rummaging around in the workshop. A buddy welded them up for me, and I bolted it on the deck after laying the carpet. Lock washers seem to have done the trick — I’ve used this brace for four years now and it’s still as sturdy as the day I mounted it.<

I also cobbled together a spring-loaded version from spare parts in my workshop — two heavy-duty springs, an exterior door hinge, some steel plate and blocks of wood. The advantage of this design is that is swivels when you run the trolling motor into stumps, saving wear and tear on the motor (and keeping you in the boat). I never got around to mounting it on the boat or trying it out, but in the shop it performed well.

Attachments

• His Motor Mount.gif
    His Motor Mount.gif
    20.8 KB · Views: 613

Latest posts