boaters license

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you need to check your local laws some states require a boat operators cert for any water craft that has a motor even a trolling motor.

A boat and motor requires a title and registration same as a car.You should get one when you purchase a boat.Some states do not require titles but do require a previous registration.Check with your local or state DNR.I am unaware of a boater driver license.Most places I go you have to be 16 and/or hold a valid drivers license.This will vary from state to state,please check your local or state DNR.

In Canada(everywhere,all ages now)you need a pleasure craft operator card.More or less a money grab(imo)but you have to have it.

Let me clarify:
All powered boats must be registered.

All Alabama residents must have a Vessel endorsement before they can drive a boat, including jet skis.

Operation of a vessel or personal watercraft by persons under the age of 12 is prohibited. Must be 14 years old and have a vessel license to operate a vessel or personal watercraft alone.

Here is a link to our boating site:

https://www.outdooralabama.com/boating/education.cfm

Check your local rules. In Ga, at 12 - 13 years of age, you can operate anything with 30hp or less with a Boater's Safety Card, OR an adult in the boat, and at 14 - 15 you can operate anything with the card or the adult. At 16, you need neither the card nor the adult.