motor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmanfwc123

Reaction score
i was wondering how fast would a 25 hp motor push a 14 ft jon boat along with two bigger guys in it? generally speaking of coarse nothing exact.??

Over 25 MPH. Check out https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8970&start=10 This will give you a general idea. I have done a lot of work to get the max out of mine. I can run 28 - 29 MPH easy with a very heavy load. It will depend on the age, make, and etc of the motor.

I have a 1448 Tracker SC that weights 460 lbs dry and I know for a fact that I can load it with another 400 lbs of people and gear and sustain 25+mph (based on GPS) with my Mercury 20 hp 4-stroke, under normal water conditions (i.e., a 6" chop on the water). I am sure that at 25 hp would easily get me over 30 mph (which, I suspect, would probably be somewhat scary in a small boat [-o< ).

I had a 14' jon with a 25 johnson on it, and man that thing would fly! It got alittle scary on the turns so be careful. I imagine with me in it alone, no gear i could hit 35 - 38 easy.

Latest posts