link arm for a 5hp Briggs and Stratton.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

owtzider

Reaction score
I want to hook up a rotory steering system on my 12' jon boat. I have a 5hp B&G outboard. The manufacturer does not make a LINK ARM for the 5hp. I am considering using an ULTRAFLEX system.
Are there any suggestions out there on how to solve this problem?
owtzider

:WELCOME:

I am a little confused.Are you trying to convert a Briggs N Stratton outboard motor to use steering and controls?I have never seen this conversion but it should be doable.

Yes, that's what I'd like to do. When I contacted B&G they said that the 5hp motor was a tiller setup and not designed for a steering system and so they didn't manufacture a link arm for it. So, I thought I'd put it out for others to think about. I'm sure that someone has an idea, a simple way to go about connecting the steering and throttle/gear cables and to the motor.

Thanks for the advice! I first have to find someone who has rigged an outboard like mine so that I can see what the configuration of the link arm and cable hook-ups looks like.

Latest posts