My new boat.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

utahusker

Reaction score
I just bought a "83" Mirrocraft Deep Fisherman 14ft with an "81" Evinrude 25hp. The cowl on the motor is/was rotting away from the desert sun. I roughly applied some fiberglass and resin for now till it cures and I get back from vacation.

The priorities are impeller change, wheel bearings, strip and paint trailer, seats, and finish the cowl.

This thing has been on the water once in the last 10 years. The previous owner replaced all of the rubber parts on the motor last year, other than the impeller. :roll:

It didn't come with a fuel tank which is okay. I bought a tank/ fuel line and hooked it up. Three pulls and it started! (in a trash can of water) Runs like a top and the water pump works, but I don't trust it. This takes a great deal of stress off me =D>

This package cost $850, which is a good deal around here.

2e2lds6.jpg

nxmoy.jpg

2wqvf4l.jpg

2zzrre9.jpg

I agree, you got a great deal.
I have the same motor.
The motor alone sells $500-600 around here.

Thats' a nice light weight setup.
Pick-up a spare tire for it.
It looks like just surface rust on the trailer.
Mine is the same way, LOL!
I may repaint next year.
Let me know how you plan to clean it up.

Enjoy your new boat!

jasper60103 said:
I agree, you got a great deal.
I have the same motor.
The motor alone sells $500-600 around here.

Thats' a nice light weight setup and looks
ready for the water to me.
Pick-up a spare tire and you're good to go.
It looks like just surface rust on the trailer.
Mine is the same way, LOL!
I may repaint next year.
Let me know how you plan to clean it up.

Enjoy your new boat!

I'm going to keep it light since my hauler is a Honda Ridgeline. My angle grinder with a heavy duty wire wheel is how I'm going to clean it up before repainting. There are a couple stress cracks on the trailer, which I plan on Millerizing :D I do have a spare, but it looks like the rust has gotten the best of it. I may just buy 2 new wheels and tires from the Las Vegas Bass Pro Shop to be safe, and save the best for a spare.

utahusker said:
I'm going to keep it light since my hauler is a Honda Ridgeline. My angle grinder with a heavy duty wire wheel is how I'm going to clean it up before repainting. There are a couple stress cracks on the trailer, which I plan on Millerizing :D I do have a spare, but it looks like the rust has gotten the best of it. I may just buy 2 new wheels and tires from the Las Vegas Bass Pro Shop to be safe, and save the best for a spare.

yea, good idea on the tires. I found a barely used set on craigslist. Thanks for the tip on the trailer. I think about sanding and repainting it, but nice weather is very limited in Minnesota. I rather be fishing or doing something else.

Anywho, that boat should fly with a 25 on the back. Enjoy.

jasper60103 said:
utahusker said:

yea, good idea on the tires. I found a barely used set on craigslist. Thanks for the tip on the trailer. I think about sanding and repainting it, but nice weather is very limited in Minnesota. I rather be fishing or doing something else.

Anywho, that boat should fly with a 25 on the back. Enjoy.

I'm lucky, our weather here is hot in the summer, but one hour from us is 8000 ft and cool in the summer. My avatar is a rainbow caught 3 weeks ago with a rented boat, which gave me the fever to buy a boat again. We also can fish year round in a boat where I live.

Yes,...that is a nice find at that price. I paid $1,250.00 for my 1973 Sea Nymph 14R w/ trailer,and at that time,a 9.5 hp Johnson motor(recently traded for a larger 18 HP Evinrude Fastwin). My rig
has anchor mates fore and aft,along with navigation lighting,and a horn,believe it or not. :)
Tin boats,...man,I love'em!