Bed liner

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCR

Reaction score
I 've researched a few threads that said not use it on the bottom of the boat....but what about the inside? Most of it will be cover up by plywood only a little would be actually exposed...only other consideration was heat. but I see you can get it in white.

If it is going to be covered by plywood, why bother? It won't really do much for leaks. If you are wanting leak protection, on the inside take a look at Gluv-it, which I think is made by Fasco epoxies. I have numerous acquaintances that have used that on multiple boats, and really like it. Other than the weight issue, I can see using it on top of your decking as an easy to clean non skid surface, but it won't do diddley on the inside of the hull.

Well it really wasn't for leaks ..I got them all fixed..I liked the idea of the "Textured" looked to hide some of the scratches on the inside surfaces the will be exposed..

JCR said:
Well it really wasn't for leaks ..I got them all fixed..I liked the idea of the "Textured" looked to hide some of the scratches on the inside surfaces the will be exposed..
It should work great for that purpose. As long as you can get a light shade so that you don't cook yourself in the summer. :D

ober51 said:
Gluv It is actually made by Traveco. You're thinking of steel flex, BB.

Woops, got the manufactures mixed up. Gluv it was what I was thinking of, but I got the companies backwards. Hope I didn't tell someone to look for Steelflex from Traveco. :shock:

If you are using it to just cover blemishes, it will work fine. I would probably only put it in the exposed areas, so you aren't wasting bed liner.

Even the darker stuff doesn't get nearly as hot as a paint of the same color. :wink:

My lined decks, floor and sides get nowhere near as hot as the rod locker and console, which are just painted.

IMG_0936.jpg

Latest posts