craigslist boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a pretty good deal but go see it in person first. Make sure they have paperwork for the trailer and the boat so you can register them both (if your state requires it)

Bufford in Orlando

RBuffordTJ said:
Looks like a pretty good deal but go see it in person first. Make sure they have paperwork for the trailer and the boat so you can register them both (if your state requires it)

Bufford in Orlando

X2.
Make sure they have titles for both the boat and trailer. In NJ were I live it is tuff getting it registerd without paperwork.
Great deal by the way!

As stated above make sure you have clear titles for the boat and trailer. (also bring some extra cash as you never know what other goodies that he might have laying around that you can pick up cheap. Also this boat comes with a pre loaded fishing X mark on the side of the boat. Just add water!

Take 4 $100 dollar bills with you. If it is in good shape and its the boat you want, lay them on the bench and see what he says.

he doesn't have papers for either..

" I don't have papers for either. The trailer would be registered as home-made. The boat was going to be thrown out, but myself and a friend snagged it before it got scrapped with intension's of using it but he bought a bass boat."

thats what he said. i am very confused right now...... how would i register it then?

huntinfool said:
(also bring some extra cash as you never know what other goodies that he might have laying around that you can pick up cheap. Also this boat comes with a pre loaded fishing X mark on the side of the boat. Just add water!

good point and what is an X mark? sorry for the stupid question lol

You know, two guys go fishing and really get into the fish so one of them says they need to mark the spot so one of them takes a can of spray paint and marks an X on the side of the boat. :D :mrgreen: #-o

There are procedures in your state to obtain a title, but it will not be easy. I used Intenrational Title Service as a last resort and it worked flawlessly. But you're going to have to add another 175 bucks on your price, which likely would not make the purchase that worth it. I only used it because there are ZERO 16' jons around here and it was so cheap to begin with.

The boat has the Numbers on it's side so it has been registered. You and the owner should only have to go to where in your state where boats are registered and it should not be a problem.

A 445 that seams like a lot to pay for that rig and trailer. I would offer him 350 and see if he takes it.

If he does pull the boat and the trailer to the office with him and do the exchange their.

CGH said:
The boat has the Numbers on it's side so it has been registered. You and the owner should only have to go to where in your state where boats are registered and it should not be a problem.

A 445 that seams like a lot to pay for that rig and trailer. I would offer him 350 and see if he takes it.

If he does pull the boat and the trailer to the office with him and do the exchange their.

The numbers may not mean much if this guy got the boat before it went to scrap. In NJ you need a previous registration and the owners notarized bill of sale.

I stand corrected. After looking at Craigslist for boats in that area that would be and acceptable price. Toss him 4 bones and see if he will bite

Sounds kinda fishy to me, might want to pass on this one. That does not look like a homemade trailer to me.

In Texas it is not legal to have a boat or trailer or motor in your possession with out a title. However They are sold on Craigslist everyday with out them and no one seems to care. I personally would steer away from them as I would rather take the legal approach...but I don't know the laws in NJ.

huntinfool said:
In Texas it is not legal to have a boat or trailer or motor in your possession with out a title. However They are sold on Craigslist everyday with out them and no one seems to care. I personally would steer away from them as I would rather take the legal approach...but I don't know the laws in NJ.

Take it from me, have a title or a previous registration with a not. bill of sale. Otherwise get calling International Title Service for close to $200.

welll i can't buy it anyway because i never ended up getting my 450.... yeah now that you guys mention it, it does seem a little questionable. there will be more deals though, right?